Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by icekat, May 11, 2015.

1. icekat

icekat Active Member

It's great to have a forum about cats, my all time favorite animal! Good to meet you all!

icekat, May 11, 2015
  2. icekat

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum! Yes, this is a great forum, we need a bit more activity but we are working on it :) I hope you enjoy your stay here, do you own a cat? or interested in owning one in the future?

Trellum, May 12, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  3. icekat

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Welcome! Please share more about your cat, if you have one?! I am curious, you know. lol What is that saying about cats and curiosity. Oh no, I will not say it. lol Trellum, is right, we are so happy to have more cat lovers here on the cat forum. We have a great time, but it is even better to have more visitors! Well, I am off for the day. Be back later! Have a prrfect day! lol Oh yeah, just so your know. My two cats are Herman and Eddie, just like my login name. ;)

Herman&Eddie, May 14, 2015
  4. icekat

icekat Active Member

Sorry guys. Oh my yes, I am owned by three crazy spoiled cats! Our oldest cat is about 10 yrs. old. His name is Oreo (guess what color combination he is). At his heaviest, I called him 'DoubleStuff Oreo). Our next one is a whit cats, with striped spots, named Walnut. He showed up at our door about 7 yrs. ago, as a kitten, half dead, with bad diarrhea. The vet didn't think he would make it, but thank God, he is fine! The latest kitty is a massive solid black, gentle giant named Inky. We found poor little Inky out in our driveway about three years ago, in the rain, mewing frantically for his Mommy! We took him in, and tamed him (at first, he hissed at us), and we've had him ever since. Unfortunately, we didn't locate his mother.

icekat, May 14, 2015
  5. icekat

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Love the names of your cats, very creative. It is so nice to hear when other people rescue cats or kitties. It really does warm the heart! I bet it was bit of a worry, when you first go Walnut with the touch and go with his health issues. Speaking of hissing, I remember the first time our Eddie found her voice and hissed. We were all taken aback, as it took a few months. It really did give us a good laugh. We were like, are you for real? Well, since then she hisses at least once a day. Usually, at our older cat Herman. Yes, Eddie is kinda a naughty kitty! :D

Herman&Eddie, May 15, 2015
  6. icekat

icekat Active Member

I love it when they hiss too! I think you really have to be into the whole "cat experience" to really appreciate them. I have had cats all my life, and I feel like I really understand cats. Yes it was so scary with Walnut. The poor thing was so little, and he wanted to be held, but he was sooo nasty! We wrapped him in a towel to hold and pet him. It's hard to believe all that when we look at him today! :D

icekat, May 15, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  7. icekat

erik Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!!! I can still remember my cats when they were 1 or 2 weeks old and they still have their eyes closed. They would hiss every time I try to touch them and sometimes even make a choking "pkkk!" noise.

Now they only hiss to people they don't know and the very scary cleaning mop that terrorizes the hell out of them for no reason every time I clean the floor :)

erik, May 17, 2015
Ask a Question