Hello from SoCal!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MaxKitteh, Nov 27, 2011.

1. MaxKitteh

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

This is MaxKitteh and I am owned by Max the Burmese kitten. He's going on 5 months now and is a welcome addition to our formerly-catless home. I thought for 13 years that I could never have a cat because my girlfriend is allergic, but she found out (sorta by accident) that she wasn't too reactive to our friends' purebred Burmese. So, we went to the same breeder to see what would happen. Wouldn't you know, 17 cats in a breeder's home and not one sniffle, sneeze or cough. A year later, we have our little Max and we love him dearly.

I've already done a ton of research and the care and feeding of cats and am keen to learn more, but I have a lot to share too.

Good to be here. I tried another cat forum but let's just say, that didn't go too well. I was interested in cats and they seemed more interested in....rules. Lots. Of. Rules. ;)

Max

MaxKitteh, Nov 27, 2011
  2. MaxKitteh

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I already saw you around the boards, but welcome! ;)It's good to hear that you found a breed that your girlfriend is not allergic too.
    It can really be a hard thing to process when you love cats but can't have any in your home. My mom used to be allergic but when she got older it went away almost completely. Also, I heard that it depends whether you are allergic to the fur (a specific kind of fur even), or the desquamated skincells of the cat. The last thing is trickier, because even cats that hardly have fur (like sphinxes) have desquamated skincells.

Yolanda, Nov 27, 2011
  3. MaxKitteh

Becky Well-Known Member

Hello! Welcome to CatHow :)

Becky, Nov 28, 2011
  4. MaxKitteh

Thanks!

MaxKitteh, Nov 29, 2011
  5. MaxKitteh

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to CatHow! You have a really cute cat, really adorable! You will love this forum, some really great people here and everyone loves to talk about their cats! Hope to see you around, enjoy!

Wahcashmom, Dec 4, 2011
  6. MaxKitteh

Thanks Wah! He's a cutie. 5 months old tomorrow. Aww. Yer gray kitteh is cute too. Good crowd here so far and thanks for the welcome.

MaxKitteh, Dec 4, 2011
  7. MaxKitteh

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Max is a cutie, wonderful that your girlfriend found out she is not allergic to Burmese kitt'ys!

Micheleteresa, Dec 15, 2011
Ask a Question