Hello from me and the Tonks

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by YayHappens, Nov 23, 2011.

1. YayHappens

YayHappens New Member

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you!

I am female, 35, married, and my cats are my kids. I work in the field of holistic health care and integrated medicine focused on nutrition. I also do other types of work on the side. I grew up in SoCal, USA. We had to make a move out of state within the last year and ended up in the mountain time zone. It seems everyone out this way is a canine-lover. I joined the forum to have people I can share cat stories with. I need the company of cat people!

Before moving, I had to give up my marine fish tank and I am still bummed about that, but hopefully after becoming more settled, I will be able to get back in to the hobby again.

At present, I have two Tonkinese females; mother and daughter. Both were formerly Queens and were spayed 3 months ago. Mother is a blue point and just turned 6 and the daughter is a platinum mink about 1.5 years.

The girls definitely keep me on my toes. They are active and so quirky. They steal my heart every single day. <3 We do clicker training a couple of times a week. They love to have their photos taken and I've managed to get some nifty videos of their training progress and hope to continue documenting their adventures.

When I met my hubby almost 10 years ago he had a male shorthair. It was a black cat and his temperament was just so magnificent! He passed about 5 years ago at age 15. We still miss him sorely. He was a really good, ol' man. So sweet. There will never be another one like him!

I also had a Himalayan/Siamese mix when I was a teen. She also had a darling personality and was so devoted. The one thing I regret is not taking many photos of her during those years. It wasn't as easy as it is now though, I guess. Back then rolls of film had to go to photomats to submit and pick up later and the Polaroid cartridges were expensive back then! haha.

I think that will do it for my introduction. If you have questions, ask away! I really look forward to meeting and getting to know the regulars here and your cats!

Have a good week.

~Yay

YayHappens, Nov 23, 2011
  2. YayHappens

Becky Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :) I love California, you are very lucky to live there. We had our honeymoon there earlier this year!

Your cats are beautiful!

Becky, Nov 24, 2011
  3. YayHappens

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

Hi Yay! Finally made it over.

MaxKitteh, Nov 27, 2011
  4. YayHappens

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to CatHow! Such cute cats you have, really pretty! Hope you have fun here at CatHow!

Wahcashmom, Dec 4, 2011
Ask a Question