Healthier kitty by playing with food?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Jessi, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e96a/

Well now there's a cat dish I have never seen before!

I know our younger cat would love fishing out the food, but she's also more active and doesn't necessarily need the extra exercise or challenge anyway, I don't think.

Jessi, Dec 19, 2012
  2. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

That cool! I have heard about people putting things into pet bowls to slow down cats from gulping, but i have never seen anything like this before. I am trying so hard to get my cats weight up so this isn't for me!

Scottyxx, Dec 19, 2012
  3. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get Sibyl's weight up as well, so I can't use this right now.. but it'd be fun for them, I think! If they'd do it, that is. They may just turn their noses up and make me feed them in another way. My cats are spoiled rotten and mostly lazy.

blurinoctober, Dec 24, 2012
  4. Jessi

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

I think Dusty would be down for something like that but he's bad about not knowing his limits. Rather than losing weight he would just keep eating and playing until there was no food left. Sassy would not fool with this, she would find it beneath her. She's not a toy-cat, she's a real-wildlife-catching-cat, Dusty will have fun with either.
    This is a really brilliant idea and if you started a kitten or really young cat on it then it could catch on and be a really cool way to eat.

CinnamonKiss, Dec 27, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  5. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat would not stand for it. He's such a fatty. He would just refuse to eat out of it or knock it over. lol He is a true diva. I am trying to get him to eat less and run around more. I got him a laser and he goes nuts over it.

steph84, Feb 5, 2013
  6. Jessi

shdws Well-Known Member

So does this product have any positive reviews? I'm curious to know if cats actually go for this. If it does, then it's genius lol.

shdws, Feb 6, 2013
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

It does! Apparently people like buying it for their hedgehogs, too.

I love this comment:

"What does it say about the cat's human that I took one look at this and thought, nice idea, but I'm too lazy to WASH all those little dishes!"

I wouldn't want to wash them all either!

Jessi, Feb 6, 2013
  8. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That's a really cool cat dish but my cat doesn't have a weight problem. Frankly, I'm also too lazy to wash all those little bowls. It's a cute product though.

ACSAPA, Jun 21, 2013
Ask a Question