Have you vacuumed your cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

If you've never heard of it, no, I'm not joking.

During seasons when they're shedding a lot, the hair can get crazy. One of my cats doesn't want anything to do with the vacuum, but the other loves it. It makes it so easy to use the little hose attachment, run it across her body, and scoop up a bunch of hair that would be flying around the house later. It's faster than brushing her, too.

Jessi, Apr 16, 2012
  2. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

I'd not heard of that before! As long as your cat likes it, then I guess it makes sense to clean that cat rather than everything else!

Becky, Apr 16, 2012
  3. Jessi

kinser Active Member

I never tried it with my cat, as I'm sure he would have freaked out. But I do vacuum my German shepherd, and he doesn't mind. It's great that your one cat loves it - makes cleaning up the hair so much more convenient.

kinser, Apr 17, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan. Especially if you are allergic to cat fur. Just curious. What setting did you put your vacuum cleaner on?

Victor Leigh, Apr 17, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I just add the hose attachment to mine and then use the lowest power setting.

I've seen other people use their handheld vacuum cleaners, too. I'm sure those are even less powerful usually, but I'm not sure how convenient it is to use the whole thing on them.

Jessi, Apr 17, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All my cats run like crazy if they see me plug it in. Then, when I start it they run and hide under the bed, and they stay there for hours. This post is funny, but it may help other cat owners find a solution for grooming their cats. At first I thought you meant you vaccumed up your cat by the title of this post. I knew I had to read all about it. One funny post with a possible answer for a few desperate cat owners, and their cat's grooming needs.

Jenny Heart, Apr 18, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lmao!! Oh no, what an image! I don't think that'd even be possible, although maybe with a young kitten by complete accident somehow? Ha!

Jessi, Apr 18, 2012
  8. Jessi

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats are all terrified of my vacuum cleaner, so i will have to stick to the traditional method of getting out of the carpet after it has come off the cat lol

magickat, Apr 18, 2012
  9. Jessi

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this before, but I think my cats are too old to be okay with something like that. They don't seem to like change all that much. But if I ever get another cat in the future I will definitely have to remember this and try it out.

dkramarczyk, Apr 19, 2012
Ask a Question