Have you trained your cat to do anything odd?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by cocolgooh, Feb 28, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgooh Member

My current cat isn't really interested in anything her human wants her to do, but her brother loved to learn!

I have two dogs too and he would often come and sit with us if I was playing with them. I used to sometimes roll a ball for my dogs to go and get, and he used to watch what we were doing. After watching us for a while, and taking a good look at the balls himself, he started to sort of bat at the balls. They didn't go far but it kept the dogs and cat amused for some time!

cocolgooh, Feb 28, 2016
  2. cocolgooh

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

One of my cats loves to play fetch. We will throw something and he will bring it back to out. He loves it. He would play it for hours if we played it that long. Hee is very entertaining.

Susan Brown, Feb 29, 2016
  3. cocolgooh

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob never really care to learn nothing ;) Not even when he was younger, now he is much older and all he does the whole day is just do whatever he wants to do. I understand though, he used to be an outdoors cat, but now he is forced to live indoors all the time. I guess that has made him even more lazy!

Trellum, Mar 5, 2016
  4. cocolgooh

acheno84 Member

My little Batley will fetch anything I throw at her, although she prefers sewing paper. She will always bring it back to me and I can throw it for hours on end. She's about 8 months old though and is starting to become less interested in being anywhere near a human though, so I'm hoping she doesn't lose our little play habits. I just love how they have different personalities.

acheno84, May 22, 2016
  5. cocolgooh

Valerie Active Member

There were two cats, both male, black and white, that my parents and I had up until a few years ago. Maxwell and Niko. I trained them both to give high fives.Maxwell was especially happy to give them in exchange for treats. Niko did it for attention. It was fun getting them together, holding up both hands, and getting simultaneous high fives. Plus, guests loved it.

As for Niko, he was quite the noodle; so from a young age I'd stretch up and let him hang upside down. Not much of trick until I tested how much he trusted me. I could gently swing him back and forth as if he was a trapeze artist. The whole time he'd be kneading the air.

Valerie, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question