Have you ever dressed up your cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, May 15, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My cats have been dressed up from time to time. The holiday season is one time they all would have little cute outfits on. Christmas was the best time to put them in red and green outfits. Then,I would take a picture and keep it up through the holidays, and then, also put them up year after year.

Jenny Heart, May 15, 2012
  2. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

Definitely not, no. There's no way either of them would let me put anything anywhere near them.

When I was little, though, I had a cat that would let me dress it up in all my baby clothes. It's a wonder that cat didn't eat me alive!

Jessi, May 15, 2012
  3. Jenny Heart

Mystique Well-Known Member

No way. I know it looks cute for some people, but it isn't for me and my cats. I wouldn't even try.

Mystique, May 15, 2012
  4. Jenny Heart

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

No way! My cats would fight that one tooth and nail, literally. I did have one cat that we put a little shirt on when we removed his long coat. He had gotten his hair all matted and I had to buzz him to get them all out. He hated it, laid down and refused to move for hours, then just waddled around until I felt sorry enough for him to remove it. After that I just covered him up when he slept so he didn't get too cold.

HappyRocinante, May 16, 2012
  5. Jenny Heart

violino Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I think that dressing cats or any other animals is just stupid. What for? It's not even funny, let alone how the poor animals feel about it, having something on them. There's no way I could do such a thing.

violino, May 16, 2012
  6. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

I just did some research and cats, both wild and domesticated, tend to sleep between 16 and 20 hours a day. That's almost the exact opposite of humans. Keep in mind that often times they're not fully asleep either...they're "cat napping" so if something wakes them up, they are completely and fully awake immediately instead of being so conked out that they're groggy, etc.

Jessi, May 16, 2012
  7. Jenny Heart

Mystique Well-Known Member

My friend had gotten herself another cat and she's one of those people who like to dress their cats up. She doesn't go overboard - t-shirt or sweaters. She took photos of them and published them on Facebook. Omw... none of the photos had the cats looking comfortable. They looked pissed all the time :D

Mystique, May 17, 2012
  8. Jenny Heart

violino Well-Known Member

Haven't you confused two threads? ;) About sleeping I believe you wanted do answer someone whose cat was ill and slept more then usually :)

violino, May 18, 2012
  9. Jenny Heart

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My daughter used to when our cat Midnight was a baby, she use to put her in doll dresses. Midnight looked so cute, and she would just sit there and look at me like "what is this kid doing to me"! LOL

Wahcashmom, May 18, 2012
  10. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

Um, yeah, that's definitely the response for the other thread.... but I have NO idea why it's here. o_O I had already responded to this one and wouldn't have had a reason to open it back up, lol. Forum glitch? Browser glitch? So weird!

Jessi, May 18, 2012
  11. Jenny Heart

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Dolores would unleash the fury on me if I tried to put a costume on her. I would end up covered in scratches and regretting my decision to play dress up with the little she-devil.

ACSAPA, Jul 21, 2012
Ask a Question