Have you ever adopted an older cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by magickat, Jan 22, 2012.

1. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

If you have, what were your experiences, good and bad? Would you recommend it?

magickat, Jan 22, 2012
  2. magickat

Belligerent Well-Known Member

I always try to adopt older cats since they are the most likely to not find a home (and have to be put down). I find older cats are more cuddly and sweet.. I recommend everyone adopt older cats rather than kittens.

Belligerent, Jan 23, 2012
  3. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

I adopted older cats when I was at home less as they need less attention than kittens. I am at home more now but my older cats do a great job taking care of the younger ones anyway :)

magickat, Jan 23, 2012
    Belligerent likes this.
  4. magickat

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I almost did...felt so sorry for this big white cat named snowball who was about 8 sitting in the cage at the shelter. I even had the papers ready but when I went to pick her up she bit me and growled and I changed my mind.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 28, 2012
  5. magickat

shem Member

I adopted older cats because kittens need their mother to take care of them. Older cats don't need mother to take care of them right? So why choose kittens if you already know that you can't replace as their mother? :D

shem, Jan 29, 2012
  6. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Once in a long while, I would adopt a full-grown stray. Usually full-grown strays are able to take care of themselves. Besides even if you put your mind to it, it's not that easy to catch one.

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
Ask a Question