Has anyone ever had a cat have a URI?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by dkramarczyk, Apr 20, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I am worried that my cat has a upper respiratory infection. She seems to have a cold year round and there's a lot of sneezing and wheezing. Although, there's no problems with goopy stuff stuck in her eyes. I was wondering if anyone else had a cat have a URI so I can get a better idea of how much the treatment would cost. I don't have a problem paying, I just want to make sure that I have enough.

dkramarczyk, Apr 20, 2012
  2. dkramarczyk

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

One of my cats had this condition from being around terminex sprays in my opinion. I had to take him to the vet, and get a shot and, he had to take an antibioitic. He had a fever of 105. Normal fever for a cat is 101 I heard. I would take the cat to the vet as soon as possible in my opinion, to be safe rather than sorry.

Jenny Heart, Apr 21, 2012
  3. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I've only found out about cat's having URI's recently, so my cat (if she has one) has had it for at least a couple years. Is it possible that she might just have allergies?

dkramarczyk, Apr 22, 2012
Ask a Question