Has anyone been to a cat cafe?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by erik, Mar 27, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to a cat cafe? I've heard they have a lot of these in Japan were there are restaurants and cafes with cats all over the place. You have to pay for an entrance fee to dine and have coffee with all the cute cats!

erik, Mar 27, 2015
  2. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

Eh? So you can or you can't take your own cat there? Am guessing no, otherwise it might get a bit chaotic? I can imagine this being great for the kids, and people who deal with a lot stress on a daily basis :D

Trellum, Mar 27, 2015
  3. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

You have got to be kidding me!! So I stop and do a quick search and now I think I'm going to be opening my own cafe. " Lady Bella's Cat Emporium"....Lady Anne's Cat Emporium...whichever sounds better. Well Erik, there you go again teaching me something so foreign to me until now. This means I can now adopt those ten or more I saw by the beach, train them and get them ready for dining.

Trellum, isn't Donnie in the link a bit like my Twinkle?

http://ladydinahs.com/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Anne, Mar 31, 2015
  4. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a good business idea Anne! The local cat cafe in my area is called Meow cafe. Lady Bella's cat emporium sounds more classy! The meow cafe have certain rules (like visitors are not allowed to bother the cats when they are sleeping) and have specific store hours. They close the cafe for a period of 2-3 hours at a certain time of the day to clean the place :)

erik, Apr 1, 2015
  5. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

:):) Lady Bella's Cat Emporium does have a classy ring to it indeed. I should make it a high end cafe. I was in awe of the fact that this is such a serious business, with bookings being made in advance and the like. I am glad you brought up the question of the mess. I would not want my patrons to suffer or choke from the smell of the cat's waste. We all know how "sweet" that can be.:)

Anne, Apr 1, 2015
  6. erik

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

Somewhere I've heard of a 'Kit-tea house', a sort of tea and cookies place. Probably should search for it on the Internet. I think they also did cat adoptions out of the shop?? Sounds like a very cool idea. I'm sure there's lots of info on the Internet about how to start one up.

Kay Dougall, Apr 1, 2015
  7. erik

Yeah!!!!!! He looks just like your sweet boy! Heheheh, I've a weakness for ginger cats! They're the best... my first cat was a ginger, he was so sweet!!!! Sweetest cat I've ever had <3

Trellum, Apr 12, 2015
  8. erik

No offense, but I can't believe people ha to book in advance, there must be a lot cat lovers out there! I'd not consider going to one of those cafes... sounds like a very expensive place and the only attractive thing that seem to explain why it's so expensive is the cat staff :p But I do guess that one must visit one of those cafes at least once...

Trellum, Apr 12, 2015
  9. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

I still thank you so much for putting a breed to him. I was always so curious. About this business with the cats, sometimes I just can't believe the things people can make money from.The whole cat cafe was such new information, it now has me thinking what other kind of cafe I can create. I'd be very interested to know all that goes on these cafes and truth be told I might have a free look.

Anne, Apr 12, 2015
    Trellum and Herman&Eddie like this.
  10. erik

You are welcome :) I'm glad I could help you out, I really am =D As for cats cafes... lol yes!!!!! It's amazing those people are making money off this... I mean, this sounds more crazy than the woman who is making a lot money off cuddling and hugging strangers. Because yes, apparently there are people who pay for getting cuddled and hugged. I guess that is why those cats are so popular? Any kind of contact is good for some people.

Trellum, Apr 27, 2015
  11. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

I am a hugger. I always tell people this. I don't shake hands much, I boldly declare that I am a hugger and then something comes out about some highly contagious disease:).

I am wondering how Twinkle would have done in a Cafe. He would usually hide for hours, an entire day sometimes when strangers came by. Maybe having the other cats would have helped to make him more sociable.

Anne, Apr 29, 2015
  12. erik

Awwww, so your little sweetheart was the shy type? I actually wish Bob was like that too, lol. He is very bold, too much and likes to get close to strangers when they come visit. I think he is a bit of a narcissist and totally love to get everyone attention .P It's crazy! Most cats I've met were so shy with strangers, my in laws cat took a while before we could be in the same room and here comes Bob supper corny and touchy feely! LOL.

I like hugs too =D Don't you dislike when people hug you for just a few secs and start patting your back as a sign to let go? LOL, I don't like it when that happens.

Trellum, Apr 29, 2015
  13. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

Lololololololol Is that what the tap on the back means? I don't get a lot of that and if that' s the case I might be the one doing the tapping. There is this guy I have been hugging for well over ten/fifteen years who passes by my store from time to time and I don't know his name and I doubt he knows mine. I did ask someone recently and I still can't remember. Isn't that something?

My sister can't tell you what Twinkle looks like in person and for that reason she did not fancy him. He hid whenever she came by. I have an older guy come help me around the house sometimes and for months he would hid from him. Once or twice I found him in cupboards hiding. Most times he would head for the basement. He was not much of a hugger either. I used to have to force his paws around me sometimes but still he was a sweet heart. I miss him so.

Anne, Apr 29, 2015
  14. erik

Yeah, I'm not a huger myself so I don't get that often, but I read a while ago that the tapping in the very beginning of the hug indicates the person hugging you doesn't really feel like hugging you. Or feels uncomfortable. Tapping in someone's back to end a hug is a normal thing, but all changes if they tap from the start. I like to read about body language.

He was indeed shy :O So he was a bit of a scratcher then?

Trellum, Apr 30, 2015
  15. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

I would not say Twinkle was a "scratcher". The one scratch I got was when he was playing with the dogs and caught my leg when in flight. I look at it sometimes and smile that I never even got mad at him for permanently marking my skin. i had hoped he was a big hugger but he was not. Still he was very loving.

I would love to have you interpret my body language:). I do it a lot but really never read anything about it.

Anne, Apr 30, 2015
  16. erik

Oh yeah, then he wasn't a scratcher, accidents happen sometimes. Every time you see that scratch you think of him and smile, that is so sweet! If something like that had happened to me I'd not be able to forget it, that is for sure.

Trellum, May 1, 2015
Ask a Question