Hallo!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by QuatreHiead, Jun 27, 2012.

1. QuatreHiead

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

I'm new to the forum here and very interested in several things relating to cat and kitten care and loving.

I've owned a couple of cats in the past, despite my parents’ general discomfort with household pets.

The first kitten I took in had a neurological damage of some kind we could not afford to decipher through a series of expensive tests the problem then. Besides this, the veterinarian estimated the kitten would not survive the night. Lo and behold another 4 years later he's still around although challenged physically with sight, skill, instincts, and movement. He was a precious thing nevertheless and I loved him dearly as another crazy part of myself. He did pass away soon after his 4th year when the seizures would not cease. I like to think he had a long and fulfilling life however considering the circumstances of his birth.

The second cat I found was another stray, although considerably older. She was a sweet cat roaming the college campus. Since she was mostly black and Halloween season was nearing, I convinced my parents to shelter her during the season just in case. Naturally, this ended up in keeping her around. She was by far one of the sweetest and most people friendly cats I'd know. I suppose this is sensible since that is how she got her meals to survive some days.

It has only been maybe half a year since losing her to feline leukemia, which she had from the day we took her in.

I've been used to having cats around, and since moving away from home I have not had one. It's been quite the adjustment. I am hoping to make ends meet so that I can again own and care for a kitten. Knowing me it won't be long before I find another lonely stray someone deserted.

I do feel bad for them in these harsh economic times when families can no longer afford to keep them and leave them outside to fend for themselves. Many don't make it unfortunately.

QuatreHiead, Jun 27, 2012
  2. QuatreHiead

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like the two cats you had found a loving and caring home with you - like you say, many more are not so lucky. I hope you have another one joining you soon!

Becky, Jul 2, 2012
Ask a Question