Growing up to be "cat woman"

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lol!

I have never actually known anyone that has that many cats, but I'm sure we're all familiar with the stories of women who never go anywhere, have 15 cats, and eat tuna out of cans right alongside them. Do you think you're getting anywhere close to being the 'crazy cat lady'?

Jessi, Dec 19, 2012
    Ian likes this.
  2. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

hahaha! I never liked cats growing up. We never had any pets at all, and i would always have said dogs over cats, but now totally the other way around! I am so glad I got my little cats!

Scottyxx, Dec 19, 2012
  3. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

When I have my own house (like, when I settle down and get a place big enough for children) I know I'm going to end up with a lot of animals. My girlfriend is a dog person, so I'm sure we'll have a few of those, and I'd bring cats home all of the time if I could.

I'll probably have literally as many animals as I can handle, but I am a-okay with that.

blurinoctober, Dec 21, 2012
  4. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

Hillarious Jessi! ;):D I don't think I'll become a "crazy cat woman" as I'd only ever have 1-2 cats at a time as I like to give all my pets lots of individual attention. Plus I'm a keen traveller and so I can't ever see myself as the sterotypical older lady who hardly evers leaves her house and has so many cats that there is no point even counting them.

tajnz, Dec 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Adorable comic!! I think I'm far from being a cat lady and I would never want to end up on Animal Hoarders. Having a few more cats around the house would be fine though, because we can take of them without problems :D

CinnamonKiss, Jan 4, 2013
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha! At least your girlfriend is an animal lover of some sort. I always feel bad for those people who wind up with partners who don't share the same love of animals....or have major allergies that prevent them from being able to have them.

Jessi, Jan 4, 2013
  7. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I wonder how the stereotype of the crazy cat lady got started. I'm sure there are spinsters who have dogs. I wonder why being single and having a couple of cats makes people form a negative opinion and assume you're on the road to becoming a crazy cat lady. I think it's totally okay if a woman wants to be single and have cats.
    I'm a single mom with one cat and I'm not going to run out and find a man and get a couple of dogs just to fit in.

ACSAPA, Jan 6, 2013
Ask a Question