grass plants for cats

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by doglvr, Apr 23, 2015.

1. doglvr

doglvr Member

I was just told that I should have a grass plant for my 2 cats. I'm definitely open to suggestions and, also, does this grass regrow or does it entail buying a lot of plants.

Hope I worded this so you understand. Thanks

doglvr, Apr 23, 2015
  2. doglvr

Trellum Well-Known Member

Who told you that and for what purpose? My answer will depend on the answer you give to those two questions, otherwise I don't think I can offer you much help. Not without some basic details. I hope your kitties aren't the kind of cats who like to destroy plants.

Trellum, Apr 23, 2015
  3. doglvr

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

I would be interested to learn more on this subject, too. I have never heard of a grass plant. The closest to this subject I have ever run across is food made for indoor cats.

I did a quick search, not sure how I feel on the subject, yet. But I would recommended you taking a read from the The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in regards to cats and plants.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/cat-behavior/cats-who-eat-plants

Herman&Eddie, Apr 23, 2015
  4. doglvr

doglvr Member

A salesperson in a pet shop told me when I mentioned my plants with grasslike leaves were ruined. She said they need the grass for digestion.

doglvr, Apr 23, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  5. doglvr

jeskalillis Active Member

I was always told that cats and dogs will chew on grass for digestion. I have also heard that having cat grass for primarily indoor cats was a good thing. Having the cat grass may help with the cats eating your plants, especially if they are toxic. I was actually considering buying some grass seeds myself, but mostly because I am in the mood to plant things. Sorry I can't help you with your questions. I was wondering about the re-growth of the grass as well. I say go for it.

jeskalillis, May 9, 2015
Ask a Question