Going potty right outside the litter box

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Jessi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And now I totally understand why they do it. :( :(

Jessi, Aug 19, 2012
    Beth23 likes this.
  2. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

Hahaha! One of my kitties always does this! I don't understand why she can't get it together. My other two cats never trail, but she just loves to start a ruckus in there.

steph84, Aug 19, 2012
  3. Jessi

Beth23 Well-Known Member

OMG that is so funny. I have to send it to my son because ratchet poops outside the box and its making him crazy. I told him it could be worse and he could being peeing outside the box. Thank goodness he doesn't though.

My son would show him the poop and scold him then put the poop in the box to show him where it go's but it hasn't worked. He tried all different kinds of litter, got him his own box and he still wont do it. Now ratchet knows he is in trouble when he does it and the pan is in the laundry room so he will pull some clothes from the hamper on top of it. LOL

Beth23, Aug 26, 2012
  4. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

The last couple of days, my cat has managed to throw cat litter OUT of the room it's in, and WAAAAY out into the hallway. I have no idea how he's doing it, but it's going to get old, fast.

Evilsprinkles, Aug 26, 2012
  5. Jessi

footballtim Well-Known Member

Tabitha (on your left) does this all the time. All I ask of her is that she keeps it in the bathroom. It is much easier to clean there than anywhere else in the house, especially if it is runny. It does not matter how well you keep up with the litter box, for some reason, cats do this especially when they are older.

footballtim, Aug 31, 2012
  6. Jessi

icekat Active Member

My cat has always had a habit of doing this messy stuff! Even when he was a kitten, he would perch on the litter box, and hang his little butt over the edge! It got ridiculous as he got older and turned into a monster. I've never been able to figure it out, but I've always found it amusing, because...hey he's my baby!:D

icekat, May 17, 2015
  7. Jessi

erik Well-Known Member

I have the same problem too! Sands all over the place.

The first time my kitten pooped on to the litter box, he walked out of it kinda funny... in some sort of sitting position, we would walk with his two feet up in the air not touching the floor and using his hands to walk instead. Then I figured out there was still some left over poop hanging out his butt and dragged it a few meters of the floor which was really messy!

erik, May 22, 2015
  8. Jessi

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I have to clean the litter sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. If there is anything in there he won't use it, and I end up with a huge mess to clean up on the floor, or counter, or window sill....

LilAnn, May 22, 2015
  9. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Gosh, also the counter? You could definitely cat shame kitty kiss for that, lol. By the way, you are not the only one, if I don't clean Bob's litter box as well as he likes it, there is a big chance he will end up pooping in the shower.

Trellum, Jun 21, 2015
  10. Jessi

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm betting you didn't teach him that. Did he just come to you entitled and better than you? That's how kitty kiss was... And is.

The shower is better then your pillow, right? Haha

LilAnn, Jun 22, 2015
  11. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

My little gross boy... oh yes, I guess he figured out that was the best option, lol. I am so glad I don't have a bath tube! I had always wanted one, but in moments like that I think: ''nah, am good''. I'm pretty sure he'd poo there as well, lol.

Trellum, Jun 23, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  12. Jessi

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

lol I had a cat that use to do that all the time and then he would just give me that looked as he walked away. This cartoon reminder me so much of him and his attitude. I miss my big boy. That was so many years ago now but this just brought back so many memories.

Susan Brown, Jul 13, 2015
  13. Jessi

LilAnn Well-Known Member

The only time I have had to deal with a cat doing anything like that is when they are either really young or really old.

LilAnn, Jul 15, 2015
  14. Jessi

Vitani Member

So we are currently dealing with this with one of our cats. First take them and get them checked for UTI's. Secondly add another litter box sometimes cats dont' like to poo and pee in the same place. We changed litters to Blue Buffalo's walnut litter. It could also be stress and anxiety and for us what has seemed to work so far was a Thundershirt and cat pheromones. We have not had a problem since I started that. The process of cleaning up is now a different story.

Vitani, Jul 25, 2015
Ask a Question