Gimpet dry cleaning powder

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Yolanda, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,​
    This is a review on the Gimpet dry cleaning powder for cats.​
    [​IMG]

This item is for "a mild cleaning and thorough grease removal".
    I bought it because I have several cats and one of them is very scared of being handled when their as any type of (spray)can, tube, etc. near him. Giving him a paste or a tablet is nearly impossible and he gets so scared he pees all over the place.
    When I saw this it seemed like a perfect solution for him. I don't bathe my cats often but it's nice to have the option to clean them if they do get dirty or greasy.​
    I tried this on three of my five cats. You have to massage the powder onto the fur and skin thoroughly. My cats didn't really like it, but it was manageable. Even with our little scaredy cat we managed to get him rubbed up nicely by putting the powder on our hands in another room so he didn't notice any type of packaging material. He didn't urinate either, but he did hide under the bed. When we lured him out there we could give him the proper brushing to brush out all the powder residue. With the other cats this was easier.​
    The smell is nice and fresh, and not to strong. It smells like baby powder.​
    The cats didn't mind the smell a lot, it feels like the hardly noticed it. The smell sticks around for about two days and after that it's gone, they smell fresh but nothing other than usual.​
    The product lives up to it's expectations, especially for the 7 euros it costs here in the Netherlands. I can recommend it to anyone who wants to have an easy (or extra) option to clean their cats, or that have a scared cat like we do. The 100 grams of powder will last some time as it's a product that you don't use frequently and you only need a little powder per cat.​

Yolanda, Feb 8, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  2. Yolanda

steph84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this review, Yolanda! I could really use this for my cat. He likes to go outdoors every now and then and sometimes he sits under cars and gets greasy. It's so frustrating. I like it when he's on the grass and playing, but hiding under those yucky cars (like most cat do) just makes him so darn dirty and those groomers fees just keep racking up! I'll be sure to try this out.

steph84, Feb 12, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  3. Yolanda

Caroline New Member

Hi Steph

Did you ever try this, 2 maine coons and one is getting on a bit with spondalitis in her back so unable to groom properly and her coat is very greasy. This would be brilliant if it worked as I don't want to stress her out for no reason.

Caroline

Caroline, Sep 6, 2012
Ask a Question