Giant cat tree :-)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Yolanda, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago we bought a new cat tree on sale. It was a big investment (300 euros), but it was really worth our money. It's a very sturdy cat tree with enough space for all our five cats to rest, play and scratch. We wanted a black cat tree to go with the new furniture. We are slowly replacing the old furniture (mostly wood coloured) with new black and white furniture so the old cat tree had to go. Not just because of that, it started to get a bit smudgy and it wasn't very sturdy anymore either, lol! We have had the old one for about 6 years and when used by six cats that's a long run! The great thing about bernina europet is that they have loose sisal poles and accessoiries you can order if something gets broken. Also, it's a really good quality fur which is very easy to clean, much easier than our last cat tree. If you slide your hand across the fur you easily wipe off the hair, it's not tangled in the fur like with our old cat tree. We love it! Here's a picture of our new cat tree by bernina europet:

[​IMG]

Yolanda, Sep 9, 2012
  2. Yolanda

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That's actually a good looking cat tree. I would prefer one that was all black but this is really modern looking. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to Google these when the time comes to replace my existing cat tree.

ACSAPA, Oct 6, 2012
  3. Yolanda

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

Wow! That looks amazing! If I had more room and more cats I'd definitely find one similar in my area and buy it. Unfortunately with limited space right now my two cats will have to continue to deal with laying on top of the couches and in chairs (which they don't seem to mind doing at all).

msmonkeyfeet, Oct 9, 2012
  4. Yolanda

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I would loooooove to get something like that for Zod, but I get the distinct impression that one of my dogs would try to climb it instead, and we'd end up with a chewed up cat tree. I am considering building something similar, as my partner is crafty enough to do something like that for way less money than I could buy one for.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 10, 2012
  5. Yolanda

Jessi Well-Known Member

It's definitely cheaper and really easy if he's already crafty.

If you know anyone who has just carpeted their floors or if you're planning to soon, it makes it even cheaper to use the scraps from that. Or go to a local carpet store and ask how much it'd cost for a scrap piece. They often have leftover ends that you can get pretty cheap (like a long section the length of a room, but less than a foot wide, etc). It works great for covering things like this and cats love to scratch it.

Jessi, Oct 10, 2012
  6. Yolanda

steph84 Well-Known Member

That looks like so much fun! I am sure your cats love it. I wish I had some great carpentry skills so I could make my cats some great fun things to climb on. My two kitties are getting restless in the house.

steph84, Oct 19, 2012
  7. Yolanda

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of incorporating your cat tree with your furniture. You could easily build something like this for far less though. If you stop by craft stores and ask them to save the giant cardboard tubes that their rolls of paper come on, those would be perfect for this. Check some home improvement stores for scrap 2x4's or sheets of wood they are discarding, or even around your own house if you have any. Discount stores will often sell remnant carpeting, or packs of peel and stick carpeting. A little bit of glue and some nails and you got yourself a custom cat tree.

OhioTom76, Oct 20, 2012
Ask a Question