Getting stuck

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

By default, cats don't really get into places that they can't get back out of.

And if their head fits, then the rest of their body will fit, too. It might not be easy or comfortable, but it'll happen.

Has your cat ever gotten stuck in a place that s/he couldn't get out of without help, though?

Jessi, Sep 27, 2012
  2. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

This is what whiskers are for, cats whiskers grow at the same rate as them so they dont get stuck. For my cats, its not really getting stuck but more getting scared. Like when Bandit gets freedom and climbs a tree, he gets up there but gets terrified once he is up and refuses to come back down!

Scottyxx, Sep 28, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Well apparently some cats ignore the length of their whiskers then, if they get into jars like that, lol.

And you're right about the fear factor. One of our cats climbs on tops of doors, but she used to get really scared and couldn't get down on her own at all.

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I thought the bonsai kitten thing was fake, someone was just photoshoping them as a joke. Something looks a little altered in this image as well. It's still making me nervous looking at it though, lol. I suppose if something like that did happen you could get a glass cutter and score the jar then tap it gently to make a clean break.

OhioTom76, Sep 29, 2012
  5. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

She wasn't scared... just spoiled. ):
    This type of thing always reminds me of the Tupperware kitty...

Epicfied, Sep 29, 2012
  6. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I feel a little claustrophobic looking at Bonsai Kitten. I have never had a cat try to cram themselves in a jar or anything crazy like that. Dolores has gotten herself into very small boxes, but a box is harmless compared to a glass jar. I hope that Bonsai Kitten photo is fake. Poor cat.

ACSAPA, Sep 30, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ah yes.

And for those who don't know about the Tupperware kitty, here's the short story:

We were in the process of moving, left a load outside in the truck overnight, and a feral cat had gotten into the stuff. She had stuck her head down into one of those Tupperware cereal containers like this:

[​IMG]

When she tried to pull her head back out, the whole lid popped off. We were never able to really domesticate her, but she stayed on the property with that lid always dangling from her neck, swinging as she walked.

Jessi, Sep 30, 2012
  8. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That is sad and kind of funny. I hope the poor cat eventually worked out a way to get her head out of that weird Tupperware "collar". Poor cat.
    It sucks that she wouldn't let you get near her to pull it off.

ACSAPA, Sep 30, 2012
  9. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't think she ever did. We lived there for around 5 years and would see her fairly regularly for most of that.

She looked miserable when she'd get pregnant... The collar would be swinging one way while her belly would swing the other. She seemed to do just fine, though.

Jessi, Sep 30, 2012
  10. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Awww poor kitty cat!

Scottyxx, Sep 30, 2012
  11. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Sad, but amusing. I'm sure she just got used to it. It's not like the lid was hurting her.
    Is she also "momma kitty" or no? I was so young, they kind of blur.

Epicfied, Sep 30, 2012
  12. Jessi

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

I don't think any of mine have ever been stuck anywhere, not that I remember anyway, talking of whiskers though, when our Siamese had her first litter she chewed off her favourite kittens whiskers just the week before they left for their new homes, so one kitten went to her new home with no whiskers.:oops:

Daintipawz, Oct 2, 2012
Ask a Question