FURminator Deshedding Tool for Cats

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by steph84, Nov 17, 2011.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I purchased the FURminator deshedding tool on Amazon around $10 last month and I have to say that I love it. I had this brush on my wishlist for a month because it was $40, but I saw that a third party seller was selling it for $10 and jumped right on the deal. So this brush removes so much hair for my long hair cat and it has helped reduce his hair balls around the house. The brush has a 1.75-inch edge that easily removes hair and can remove matting. I used it on my short haired cat and it removed a lot as well. I surprisingly threw away a handful of hair when brushing my short haired cat. You can also look up videos on youtube if you want to see the brush in action. I was amazed and had to have it. Does anyone know any other great brushes out there?

steph84, Nov 17, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  2. steph84

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I have a furminator as well and I love it. I've used it for a while new and it reduces the hair found around the house significantly!

Yolanda, Nov 20, 2011
  3. steph84

YayHappens New Member

I also use the Furminator and then finish with a curry brush. I use the one for the short haired cats and it was definitely worth the investment!

YayHappens, Nov 23, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  4. steph84

I forgot to link a video so people get an idea of what I'm talking about!

steph84, Nov 29, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. steph84

Belligerent Well-Known Member

I use the FURminator and my kitty loves it! It doesn't take off too much fur anymore because I brush her multiple times a day (she begs for it everytime I go to the potty.. lol). The first time I used it, I swear that I had enough fur to make another kitty. It's a great tool and cats seem to love it.

Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011
    steph84 likes this.
  6. steph84

Isn't it amazing, Belligerent? I was so shocked to see how much fur was removed from my short haired cat. I loved how silky smooth his coat was afterward. It's matting season for my long haired cat, Kitty Love, right now. He's already getting clumpy so I have to pull out my FURminator today! Happy brushing everyone!

steph84, Dec 14, 2011
    Belligerent likes this.
  7. steph84

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Most people comment on how shiny Mama's fur is the first time they see her... so I know it definitely makes a difference. You're right.. you'd never expect to get so much fur from a short-haired cat.. but you definitely do!

Belligerent, Dec 16, 2011
  8. steph84

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I haven't used a Furminator before. Mainly because it's not available here yet. I have to make do with a fine comb made of steel. It works very well, too. Costs me about 2usd.

Victor Leigh, Dec 16, 2011
  9. steph84

amy005 Well-Known Member

I would love to get this for my cat! Actually I would love to get one for my cat and one for my dog! I am sure thye make one for each of them. Both my animals shed way too much.

amy005, Dec 16, 2011
  10. steph84

I think the one for the dog should be much bigger. After all dogs are bigger in size and have a lot more fur than cats.

Victor Leigh, Dec 17, 2011
  11. steph84

Amy, they do have one for dogs too! It is yellow and the comb area is almost double the size as the cat one. I did get a look at it in stores and saw that the bristles looked a little sharper than the cat brush. I guess the dog matting is just wilder. The price difference wasn't any different than the cat brush at Wal-mart, but there is a $10 difference if you try to buy it online at Amazon.

steph84, Dec 20, 2011
  12. steph84

For my dogs, I have to use two brushes. First I sort out the hair with a large-toothed comb. Then I use a fine-brush to get out all the old hair. On my Persians, I also had to use two brushes but smaller ones than the ones I use on my dogs.

Victor Leigh, Dec 20, 2011
Ask a Question