Funniest cat names you've heard?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by casey84, Jun 16, 2016.

1. casey84

casey84 Active Member

I'm wondering if you have named your cat anything funny, or have a friend or family member that named theirs a funny name?

I always chuckle at a friend of ours who named their cat "GOJIRA" (Japanese pronunciation of Godzilla) as any time he swipes at anything I always think of a dinosaur attacking a city!

I know maybe it's not the funniest name but I thought it was amusing and creative!

casey84, Jun 16, 2016
    Anne and Becky like this.
  2. casey84

martyJo New Member

That IS funny. I love weird names for pets--but we always go with the boring names. My current cat is named "Gray"--guess why ? Hah!
    And one we had a few years back we called Big Boy.....but they always come when we call.

Or is it the sound of the can opener?

martyJo, Jun 22, 2016
    Anne likes this.
  3. casey84

Valerie Active Member

Well, I've had some cats with people names, like Maxwell, Niko, Tina and Misty. My mom had a cat when I was just a kid named "Wicket" after the Star Wars ewok.
    As for the aforementioned names, while it was customary to give my pets "normal" names as to not become an embarrassment when calling them home during dinnertime or taking them to the vet, each pet had their own "unique" nicknames--usually with swear words attached. (I'll censor them just in case.)
    For example, Misty is "Meaty" or "Meaty B***h." Maxwell was lovingly called "Fat F***."

A friend of mine named her cat "Pisser." You could only guess why, haha.

Valerie, Jun 23, 2016
  4. casey84

Novelangel Active Member

I once had a female cat appropriately named Sassy, and another female was inappropriately called Sugar. My mom has a cat named Sammy but he also responds to his nick-name, "Pud" as in "Sammy Pud", or "Puddy". She used to have a gray and white cat named Spazz... he was actually named by the veterinarian where we got him in the first place. Apparently he was allowed out of his cage to wander about, took a stroll across the computer keyboard, and spelled out SPZ. When my brother and I were children we each had a pet cat. Their names were Skipper and Scamper. We also had several gray tabby males over the years who were all named Tommy, as in Tom cat. My current cat is a calico named Callie-Sue. I would have given her a more original name except that my mom had pretty much already named her Callie. I just added the Sue part. I more or less call her "Baby Girl" most of the time and she responds well to both names.

Novelangel, Jun 23, 2016
  5. casey84

Anne Well-Known Member

I can't think of any right now but I just read about Mr. Daisy and I find that quite funny. The story is also quite interesting.

Anne, Jun 23, 2016
  6. casey84

Kaybee517 Member

I do volunteer work for a non profit and the funniest names I came across for some of our kittens are: Bulbazar, Bartholemeow, and Orion. Are these names from a Harry Potter movie or something? To each his own but I just never heard such names before. They much be very unique kittens with names to match.

Kaybee517, Jun 23, 2016
  7. casey84

casey84 Active Member

I know there's a Pokémon called Bulbasaur...maybe they got inspiration from that for Bulbazar!

casey84, Jul 1, 2016
  8. casey84

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My older cats name is Harley Waffles! He had that name when we adopted him. Our other cat is Merle but we call his Squirrel. My niece had a cat that she called Poopie! When I was younger we had a cat that was called Finky Do.

Susan Brown, Jul 8, 2016
  9. casey84

GeeTee Member

I always thought Tinkle Bells was funny. I've also heard people call their cats Puss, and that's the name the cat responded to because that's what it was called all it's life. Imagine going around the house hollering for Puss when you can't find him or calling him to come get his food. Chuckles... Come Puss! Puss get down from there! Puss stop that! Here Puss!

GeeTee, Jul 8, 2016
  10. casey84

Goodman Member

I hаd а саt nаmеd Bоnаpаrtе аnd I knеw sоmеоnе whо hаd а саt nаmеs Stаllоnе.

Goodman, Jul 27, 2016
Ask a Question