Follow the leader

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Anne, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Is your cat like this? Everywhere I went my cat would follow except for when he was in some deep sleep in some remote area of the house.

Once I had the cat's attention (and I had it a lot), he would follow me everywhere like a loyal soldier. If I went to bathroom, he followed. If I went to the kitchen, he followed. If I sat on the sofa he would come to curl up with me. And I loved it! Sometimes I would just sit and smile at his seeming loyalty. Our attachment was such that my son would get mad at at him for not spending enough time in his company. I would often remind him that the cat followed the person who showed the most interest in him. He followed the person who fed and took care of him.

The only time I tried to discourage it was when he tried to followed me outside. Is there in leader in your house so to speak?

Anne, Oct 22, 2014
  2. Anne

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awww, he sounds like such a lovely cat! No wonder you don't feel like getting another cat, those are big shoes to fill!

My Bob does the same thing, he actually loves and demands my attention. If I'm doing something, like for example gardening, transplanting plants or treating them he often gets in the middle of me and the plant! It's sweet, but a bit annoying sometimes. He is with me all the time... looking at me as I write this, lol. So lucky he hasn't decided it's time to lie on my keyboard!

Trellum, Oct 23, 2014
  3. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Twinkle was such a spoiled little "child" and unfortunately, I encouraged it:). The things he did that I smiled at, I am sure I would have corrected if it was my son.

I know well about the keyboard, and with that, he taught me some things. Once my screen ended up upside down after he walked over it. The "up side" to that is that I was forced to learn something new about the computer. So there to go. My cat taught me how to fix my computer screen;).

Anne, Nov 10, 2014
  4. Anne

maryannballeras Member

I remembered one of the cats that I've had, her name was Orenji, and she keeps on following me wherever I go. It seems that she just wants to be always near me. Whenever I wake up, she'll walk to my bed and just stay there, waiting for me to get up. Sadly, she already passed away. I miss her so much.

maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014
  5. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

My picture says it all. There she is in my bathroom sink and as much as I should have discouraged it. it made me smile. I never knew I could fall in love like that. My Twinkle is gone now but I don't stop talking about how she affected my life for the better. It was one of the most traumatic experiences in my life. If someone had told me I could have gotten so attached to a cat I would have thought not in a million years.

They creep up on you and grab you by the heart.

Anne, Nov 11, 2014
    maryannballeras likes this.
Ask a Question