Finally got pics of my group

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by dkramarczyk, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

DSCN0113.JPG This is Billie. Shes about 20 years old and only 3 lbs. She has a very scratchy meow, but it definitely wasn't like that when she was younger. I'm worry that her time is coming soon. She is under the assumption that she is the boss. She's very demanding and grouchy.
    DSCN0103.JPG This is Annie, she's around 14 years and she's a Calico. As you can see, she doesn't care for getting her picture taken. We used to think of her as the devil cat because she would always hide and hiss when anyone would come near her. As she's gotten older, she's calmed down a lot though and I'm now her favorite person.
    DSCN0114.JPG This is Alice, about 14 years and she's the tortoiseshell. She was hard to get a picture of because whenever I got close to her she was expecting me to pet her, not flash lights in her face. She can be pretty hyper at times, but lately she's been settling down a little, probably due to age. She used to be my brother's cat, but he lives in Texas and she was losing a lot of weight there, so he wanted her to come back to Wisconsin where she was healthier. So we took her in and she plumped back up. I remember when she was a lot younger, about 2 or 3, she would crawl under a blanket and curl up by your feet to go to bed at night. It was so adorable.

But these are my cats, I hope you like them.

dkramarczyk, Apr 12, 2012
    Ian likes this.
  2. dkramarczyk

Becky Well-Known Member

Wow 20 years old is good going for a cat! She doesn't look that old in the photo, she must be in good health. I love Alice's tortoiseshell markings. Thanks for sharing!

Becky, Apr 13, 2012
  3. dkramarczyk

steph84 Well-Known Member

Your cats look really healthy and young! I thought Billie was a young kitty. There must be something in your water! You have the fountain of youth at your home. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

steph84, Apr 14, 2012
  4. dkramarczyk

magickat Well-Known Member

They are all lovely and 20 is a great age for a cat :) Thanks for the pictures.

magickat, Apr 15, 2012
  5. dkramarczyk

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Good to know that you have been keeping cats for so long. Just curious. Where have all the kittens gone to?

Victor Leigh, Apr 17, 2012
  6. dkramarczyk

Actually none of my cats have had kittens. We got them fixed. I don't actually believe that they all need to be fixed, but in Alice's case she does. She likes to run around outside every day for awhile, so we have to stop her from having babies because we don't want more cats to be born when there are already so many cats that need homes.

And thank you everyone. They do seem pretty young. Billie is 20, but she looks like she's a kitten because she only weighs 3 lbs or so. We try everything we can but so far she won't gain weight. We're mainly just happy that she's not losing any more weight. We've managed to keep her at a steady weight for quite awhile now.

dkramarczyk, Apr 18, 2012
  7. dkramarczyk

Considering the age of your present set of cats, it may be a good time to start looking for the next group. Unless you are planning to have this set as the last set.

Victor Leigh, Apr 19, 2012
  8. dkramarczyk

I actually am not going to start looking yet, because I plan to just get homeless kitties from a shelter. So that would have to wait until after these cats pass, because there's no way I'll know when that will happen and I won't know what cats will be available at a shelter until then.

dkramarczyk, Apr 19, 2012
  9. dkramarczyk

In that case, I wish you many more years of happiness with your cats. And don't take it too hard when they have to go. Plus whatever happens, don't put them to sleep.

Victor Leigh, Apr 20, 2012
  10. dkramarczyk

The only way I would put my cats to sleep is if they have a deathly illness and are in extreme pain. I would hate to make them go through the pain just so that I could enjoy their company for longer.

dkramarczyk, Apr 20, 2012
  11. dkramarczyk

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, what a lovely group. I'm glad you finally got some pictures to share! Each one looks and sounds pretty unique. :)

Jessi, Apr 21, 2012
  12. dkramarczyk

They are all definitely unique. They have very different personalities. That's definitely something I enjoy about pets, they really do have personalities, which just makes them that much more interesting and entertaining.

dkramarczyk, Apr 22, 2012
  13. dkramarczyk

Mystique Well-Known Member

What a lovely group! When I saw the photo of Billie, I thought it was a young cat! She sure does not look 20! Aahh.. tortoiseshell cats, I heard a good joke about them. Thanks for sharing, they are lovely photos!

Mystique, May 1, 2012
  14. dkramarczyk

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Wow, all of your cats have impressive longevity, especially Billie. She is gorgeous and looks so young. Sometimes I envy animals because we humans show our age but cats and dogs pretty much stay adorable forever. I like your cats' names too, Billie, Annie and Alice sound like they would be cool 70's chicks with long hair that play acoustic guitar.

ACSAPA, Aug 2, 2012
Ask a Question