Fighting Sleep?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by CinnamonKiss, Jan 27, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Have you noticed your feline fighting sleep before? For NO apparent reason?!
    We had something hilarious happen with Sassy because she was being stubborn.:D Sassy was in the floor of the living room, near our t.v., when we noticed her fighting to keep her eyes open. She gently started swaying with her eyes opening and closing. For some reason she desperately wanted to stay awake! But then, SPLAT! She face-planted right into the carpet with her face at a weird angle! My sister and I were trying to muffle our cackles and after a few minutes she adjusted her face, but then woke up. She stayed by the t.v. and continued to fight off sleep and swaying as her eyes kept closing. After a while she humped up in kitty napping pose one and rested her eyes for a bit.
    Have you had a similar experience with your cat? Ever seen your cat face-plant?:eek:

CinnamonKiss, Jan 27, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I've never seen Alice faceplant, but she fights sleep all of the time! We call her a little human baby because she never wants to go to sleep, she thinks she's going to miss something interesting. Almost every time she falls asleep it's after she's been sitting still for a while. Her eyes will sloooooowly shut, she'll fight to keep them open, sway a little bit, and ultimately fall asleep sitting up. It's so cute!

blurinoctober, Jan 27, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

I haven't witnessed that happen since my cats were kittens but yours sounds adorable! My cat Fizz especially fought sleep when he was a kitten and would fight it for so long that he'd end up passing out in the weirdest positions, like flopped over backwards on my arm or with his face completely buried in the couch.

msmonkeyfeet, Jan 31, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob loves sleeping, he would never fight sleep ;) He loves it too much and would never miss the chance to take a short or a long nap :p Some cats just can't say no to a good nap :)

Trellum, Apr 26, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question