Female spayed operation

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by howard66, Dec 8, 2010.

1. howard66

howard66 New Member

Hi all,im a newby,and apolagise if in the wrong section for my question.
    Have a female kitten,think about 5 or 6 months old (not to certain of age as got from a disinterested owner)
    Have her booked in on friday to be spayed,but am getting really worried about the op,as would hate to see her hurt,or worse,from my actions of getting her done.
    Booked her in to the same vet twice for her injections,without any problems,and wasent worried as knew it was for her own welfare,but am so scared that this op could be detrimental to her.Am i being stupid.

regards Howard

howard66, Dec 8, 2010
  2. howard66

britishblueshorthair Member

dont worry its a good thing to get done.

ive just had my 2 boy cats done and they are fine after 1-2 days

the last thing you want is lots of kittens running about the place :eek:

britishblueshorthair, Dec 9, 2010
  3. howard66

christy sharpton Active Member

I have never had a female cat spayed, but I had my male fixed and he was just fine. He was mad at me for a week because I took his manhood away. She should be fine, they do it everyday, it is a normal procedure.

christy sharpton, Nov 23, 2011
  4. howard66

doublelady Active Member

Females do have a harder time getting fixed than males, but they still handle it well because the vets now do a really good job. Just give her plenty of time to recover in a quiet room after the surgery. She'll need a few days in a room where she can't jump or get outside so the stitches can heal. As long as you make sure she doesn't have any food the night before she'll be fine. I was really worried about my female cat but she was fine.

doublelady, Nov 24, 2011
Ask a Question