Feisty cat Playful dog

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by lasha22, Dec 28, 2013.

1. lasha22

lasha22 Member

So I got a new cat. Her name is Hope. She is really feisty around my dog, Gunner. If Gunner comes into the room Hope is in, she freaks out. She'll hiss and unshelth her claws. Today about thirty minutes ago, Hope was around the laundry room. Gunner made his way upstairs. Gunner and Hope had a fight. She made her way to me and my sister's room.Then she was uber feisty. I turned on my radio and she fell asleep. Now she's up their in my room. Gunner is down in the living room. I'm afraid Gunner and Hope will never get along, and Hope will always be feisty! Help!

lasha22, Dec 28, 2013
  2. lasha22

Trellum Well-Known Member

Don't worry, your cat is fairly new and has no experience living with dogs. So it's normal she is just adjusting to this new experience, she is new to you, the house and the dog. So of course she is very anxious! Plus that fight didn't help at all. You cat has to learn how to deal with a dog peacefully, I hope this will happen naturally; give her other 3 weeks to adapt.

Trellum, Dec 30, 2013
Ask a Question