Favourite spot in the house

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Does your cat have a favourite spot in the house? Does she always go there when there isn't something else for her to do? Our cat had quite a few sleeping places around the house: there was two in two different storage rooms and another two at windows. She also slept in our bed at night sometimes. Does your cat have only one place? Is there any particular reason for this or is it just where the bed is? Did the cat choose it or did you?

GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

CatFour Active Member

My cats have their favorite spots and most of the time I can look in their spots and find them there. Most of the time they all sleep in the bed at night. One sleeps on my pillow or on my head. Another sleeps at the end of the bed and the other two are wherever on the bed. What I find amusing is that anytime I bring something new or different in the house, they have to lay on it and they of course love boxes, so I will give them a box once in awhile to lay and play in.

CatFour, May 5, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

Britt24xoxo Member

My female calico likes to lay down and sleep in our bathtub. I'm not sure why she likes to do this, but it's her favorite place to sleep. My orange tabby likes to sleep in the bed with me under the covers and right beside the bathtub in the corner. It is cute watching both of them. I'm not sure why they do either, but I love watching them. If they arn't running around the house, I can definitely find them in their favorite places.

Britt24xoxo, May 5, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

There is a ledge in my bedroom, kind of a half-wall that sticks out of the main wall and goes up to about my ribcage. Sibyl loves to lay on it. There's rarely anywhere else she'll be throughout the day and night. It's a bit odd, she's almost become obsessed with it, but it just seems to be where she is the most comfortable. Sometimes she'll come upstairs and sit on all of the bookshelves, but that wall is her favorite of all. If I put anything on it or block it at all, she'll get so upset with me. It's all hers!

blurinoctober, May 25, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

jules Active Member

My cat's favourite spot is definitely the window ledge I put up for it in my room. My room overlooks several trees and greenery so there are always birds and insects around which keeps his attention piqued. His second favourite would be the couch in the living room. It's soft yet firm and he definitely approves of it.

jules, Jun 4, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

Rachael Member

WIndows! With lots of sun..

Rachael, Jun 5, 2013
  7. GavinMcresty

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat is partial to the laundry basket whether the clothes are dirty or clean.
    The dog likes to be under my chair when I'm at my desk typing.

ACSAPA, Jun 18, 2013
  8. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

Bob's favorite spot as a kitty was definitely up high in one of my trees. We had a blanket specially for him there, because he liked to get up to catch some sun rays before dawn. I took a couple of pictures of that :)

Now he is only indoors, since the incident in which he got mad because I wasn't paying a lot attention to him and he decided to leave get some attention from the kids outside. A kid kidnapped him, but he came back some months later in pain and skinny. His favorite spot is the sofa in the living room.

Trellum, Jan 24, 2014
Ask a Question