Favorite cat names?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Yolanda, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Tell us some of your all time favorites!
    I have a cat named Karma which I really love. I think it suits a cat well because it's mysterious, just like cats are. I also love names that have a sense of humor or are in any other creative way original.

Yolanda, Nov 30, 2011
  2. Yolanda

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite cat names are Tom, Kitty, Fuzzy, Sparkles, Midnight, and so many more. I could go on and on forever actually.

Wahcashmom, Dec 1, 2011
  3. Yolanda

magickat Well-Known Member

We have a cat called Smudge which suits her because she is a calico and has a black smudge on her nose. My friend has a cat called Chaos which I think is a wonderfully apt name!

magickat, Dec 1, 2011
  4. Yolanda

Becky Well-Known Member

When I was young I really liked The Old Possums Book of Practical Cats - anyone read it? Most people might be more familiar with the musical Cats which uses a lot of the poems as lyrics for the songs. I used to like the idea of calling a cat after one of the cats in the book - some great examples are 'Rum-Tum-Tugger', 'Mr Mistoffelees', 'Mungojerry', 'Rumpelteazer'...

...although I can't imagine myself shouting any of those loadly on the back porch!! :D

Becky, Dec 1, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. Yolanda

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have a gray tom which I picked up from the morning market. He has green eyes and a crooked tail that looks like the number seven. So I named him Green Seven.

Victor Leigh, Dec 1, 2011
  6. Yolanda

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My one cat is named Zinger because he is so fast. If he ever got out, nobody could catch him. There was a little kitten years ago that my husband agree we should bring home.It was a stray, and could hardly walk. We took it home, and fed it, and kept it safe, but it didn't make it past a day. It was very small, black with white spots in just a few places, and we called it Pixie. It just seem to suit the cute, harmless, little kitten. One we named Sasserfras because he was pitch black, and my husband said he was dark like molasses. One we named Champ due to the fact he looked like was boxing when he patted at people. It was so cute, we just had to call him Champ.

Jenny Heart, Apr 13, 2012
  7. Yolanda

Jessi Well-Known Member

One of my sister's cats was named Broccoli, lol. It was an orange cat, but she thought calling it something like Carrots was too normal, so she named it something green.

Yeah, we're a strange family...

Jessi, Apr 13, 2012
    magickat likes this.
  8. Yolanda

magickat Well-Known Member

My friend just got a kitten and called her Pixie. I love the name Broccoli, it's got me thinking.... Parsnip might be a good one too lol

magickat, Apr 14, 2012
  9. Yolanda

btatro Well-Known Member

Broccoli and Karma are great names. I had a Snickers, a Sylvia, and a Chips. I love letting kids name cats. They always come up with the greatest, most random names!

btatro, Apr 14, 2012
Ask a Question