Ever Heard of Grumpy Cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Herman&Eddie, May 18, 2015.

1. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

I was just reading about the latest scoop on cat news and ran across the article. Apparently Grumpy Cat is a star on the internet. I guess, I should go look up some videos and see what the hype is about Grumpy being so special. I must admit, I must a bit shocked to learn that Grumpy Cat has a manager and a net worth of a million dollars. Yep, you read that right, one million dollars. Okay, sure sure, Grumpy is cute as a button, but really a million dollars?

Maybe, some of you have heard of Grumpy Cat or watched some videos? Fro now, I will post a picture and a link to a recent article from Grumpy's manager.. You can see the cats expression speaks volumes through those beautiful blue eyes! It sounds like Grumpy does a lot of traveling. Sure hope Grumpy enjoys being toted around so much. I know, none of my cats enjoyed a car ride, let alone numerous airplane rides.

Oh, this is an older article from 2013, I wonder what Grumpy is up to today?

[​IMG]

Herman&Eddie, May 18, 2015
  2. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh yes, the grumpy cat fad is kinda old, I think there are very few people out there who don't know her. As far as I know this cat made her owner millionaire. As far as I know grumpy is still active in the show biz. Her meme isn't as popular as it was in the beginning, but I think most internet users know her well by now (hard not to come across with one of her memes). It's weird but now I barely come across her memes... 2 years ago it happened all the time.

Trellum, May 20, 2015
  3. Herman&Eddie

jeskalillis Active Member

Yup haven't seen much from Grumpy around the internet lately either. So the income may not continue for much longer. I am guessing that she got paid every time a new video or meme was posted or shared, as well as from TV appearances. I think the hype on Grumpy was because a lot of people have never seen a cat like her before. I know I hadn't until she became popular.

jeskalillis, May 23, 2015
  4. Herman&Eddie

sammy674 Member

Grumpy cat was huge a few years ago. Although I did see a made-for-tv movie on him over Christmas time! "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever"! Quite cheesy and predictable, but I'd recommend it for kids while stuck inside over the holidays! :)

sammy674, May 23, 2015
  5. Herman&Eddie

ellie Active Member

Grumpy Cat has a ton of products out though, so I don't think the income is over quite yet. I personally have seen phone cases, plush toys, tshirts and bookmarks. I am not ashamed to say I own a car decal of grumpy cat :) The memes are really funny and of course the cat is extremely adorable. I'm not sure that the worth of the "brand" deserves to be quite $1M, but who am I to judge that, I guess.

ellie, May 24, 2015
  6. Herman&Eddie

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I love Grumpy Cat and his witty personality. My niece collects anything and everything that has to do with him. I think he is adorable and I love that beautiful face. He sure has made in big on and off line.

Susan Brown, Jul 10, 2015
  7. Herman&Eddie

Novelangel Active Member

From my understanding, Grumpy cat is actually a very sweet kitty, with a gentle and easy-going personality. She's also a dwarf cat, and more or less crippled, which is why you seldom see videos of her actually walking. Most of the time she gets carried around by her owner. My mom had one cat not too long ago with those same traits and while he wasn't crippled, he had a lot of serious health issues and eventually died. He never got any bigger than kitten sized. I know that dwarf cats often have health problems that other cats are less likely to have, so even though they are adorable, they really need a lot of help and doctor's visits throughout their often shortened lives.

Novelangel, Jun 23, 2016
  8. Herman&Eddie

cecejailer Member

Oh yeah, of course I've heard of grumpy cat! I love him! His face sums up most of my daily life haha. I also love a cat called Princess Monster Truck (yes, that's the name.)
    These meme cats are the best thing the internet has ever come up with, I hope we never stop making cats famous.
    I have a question, though... Is grumpy cat one cat or is it a breed?

cecejailer, Jun 30, 2016
  9. Herman&Eddie

CrazyCatLady74 Member

I have heard of grumpy cat. She has actually been around for a few years now and me and my kids love her. My kids even have a few books about her. I know Grumpy is online but I did not know she is worth a million dollars. I think she is cute but geez that's crazy! I have three cats and they act like clowns all the time. Maybe I should put them on the internet and help them become famous too.

CrazyCatLady74, Jul 27, 2016
Ask a Question