Emotional Tail

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by CinnamonKiss, Jan 31, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

First off, look at how the cat is sitting!! Adorable! :p
    Secondly, do you pay attention to your cat's tail? Have you correlated your cats emotions to its tail yet?
    I can tell what Dusty's up to by looking at his tail.
    He usually flicks it fast when he's annoyed or mad. He'll languidly wave it if he's watching us and waiting to be paid attention to. When he's prowling around he'll flick it like he's trying to touch everything on his way past. When he's hunting or trying to catch a toy it will barely move, just a shake at the tip as he stills his movements to go for the kill. If you bother him while he's sleeping the tip will flick really fast and you know he's getting annoyed.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 31, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

shdws Well-Known Member

Awesome video! The only thing I've correlated with my cat's tail so far, is that when he is wagging it, he isn't too happy.

shdws, Feb 1, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

If my cat's tail is wagging fast like that, it means that she's angry and about to go off. I give my cat a lot of space when her tail is wagging like that.
    She also gives me a wild eyed, big pupil look when she's irritated.

ACSAPA, Feb 1, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Knowing when they're not too happy is important, it can save you from bearing the brunt of their anger.

Yeah, it's the best time to give a cat space! Her pupil's get larger when she's irritated? Dusty's usually only get bigger when he's hunting or scared. He closes his eyes and tries to ignore us when he's irritated.:p Do her eyes get bigger any other time?

CinnamonKiss, Feb 1, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

shdws Well-Known Member

Yeah my cat's eyes open up wide when he's angry as well. I know to give him space lol.

shdws, Feb 5, 2013
Ask a Question