Does Your Cat Love To Sleep On Your Lap?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014.

?

Does Your Cat Love To Sleep On Your Lap?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sometimes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mocha&Latte

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

My cat Mocha loves to sleep on my lap. I bought him a really awesome bed but he prefers my lap. Latte, my other cat, hates sleeping on my lap. Instead, Latte would sleep on my chair (I honestly don't know why). So, Does Your Cat Love To Sleep On Your Lap?

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  2. Mocha&Latte

steph84 Well-Known Member

I wish my cats would sleep on my lap! It seems like the only times they do sleep on my lap are when I want to get up and do something. But it is such a rare moment that I just sit there and enjoy it.

steph84, Feb 1, 2014
  3. Mocha&Latte

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob loves to be around me all the time, but he doesn't like to sleep on my lap. He prefers other surfaces, like for example my bed or the couch. My in laws' cat was the same... he loved to sleep on his chair, but hated laps in general. Not the friendliest cat of them all, I must say!

Trellum, Mar 22, 2014
  4. Mocha&Latte

MER Well-Known Member

Gemma is a mama's cat and she'll position herself whatever way possible to lay on my wife's lap. Rosco likes to be right up against me but is starting to come around and lay in my lap. I think he gets annoyed at me because I always interrupt his lap time.

MER, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Mocha&Latte

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats generally don't sleep in my lap but if I am laying down in bed watching TV they like to come in and lay on me so I can pet them.
    I love listening to them purr. Harley likes to sleep on my pillow above my head. Sometimes I will just use him as a pillow and he is quite content
    with that.

Susan Brown, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Mocha&Latte

morgoodie Member

My one cat, Tigger, loved to sleep on my lap, in my arms, on my pillow with me. He was such a cuddly cat who loved to be held and I would often hold him in my arms like a baby which he loved. My other cat, Sir Trouble, would rarely set on my lap but when I would get in bed he would lay beside my pillow stoking my hand and arm. He had his moments when he would be cuddly.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
  7. Mocha&Latte

KittyReeves Member

My cats don't love sleeping on my lap, but my cat likes being held like a baby. With his paws hooked over on one shoulder, and cuddled against my chest. It's funny when people she me walking through the house holding the cat like a baby.

KittyReeves, Feb 28, 2016
  8. Mocha&Latte

Anne Well-Known Member

Well this is in the past tense as my cat is no longer with me. Yet I have memories of him falling asleep on my lap and not necessarily in my lap. I remember not wanting to move on those rare occasions as I remember it. It would be more like a head on my lap as opposed to coming and sitting flush in the middle of my lap. It was just wonderful.

Anne, Feb 28, 2016
  9. Mocha&Latte

MER Well-Known Member

Gemma was a rescue cat and that was the adorable thing about falling for her. She was ~8 weeks old and when we came into the store, the clerk had Gemma on his shoulders. I asked to see the kitten and after a while, the little thing fell asleep in my arms. It was all down hill from there. :eek:)

MER, Feb 29, 2016
  10. Mocha&Latte

Anne Well-Known Member

Wonderful story. It warms my heart as I sit watching where my Twinkle was buried. It was a Sunday evening when I found him. The time he would be around after his midday nap in my bed or wherever he felt comfortable. Enjoy Gemma.

Anne, Mar 13, 2016
Ask a Question