Does Your Cat Love Boxes?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Aymes, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Aymes

Aymes Member

I have always wondered if other cat owners have noticed that their cats love boxes. My cats absolutely love boxes. Whenever I get a package they will immediately go into the box and lay in it. I will usually leave the box out for a few days because they seem to love it so much and use it as a bed. They especially seem to love the tiny boxes and squeeze into it. It's quite funny, seeing them squished into a tiny box. One time I ordered them a cat tree and they just cared about the box. It took them a few days to realize it was even there, haha,

Aymes, Dec 13, 2014
  2. Aymes

angielou123 New Member

I agree, its hilarious watching a big moggy trying to sqeeze into a shoe box!

angielou123, Dec 16, 2014
  3. Aymes

demjroberts New Member

Yes, I have had many cats through the years and they have all loved boxes. They get inside them,lay on top of them, bat them around, and seem to prefer a box over any of the toys that I have have spent money on. It is fun to watch their antics as they play. Even my older cats have liked boxes. They like to lay their heads on a box.

demjroberts, Dec 20, 2014
  4. Aymes

PennySafe Member

Yes, my cats love boxes. To them, it must be like playing around in a make-shift fort or something like when we were kids. One will be outside the box while the other is tapping his paw out of the side trying to swat the other one. It makes a lot of noise.

PennySafe, Dec 23, 2014
  5. Aymes

Anne Well-Known Member

My Twinkle loved boxes no questions asked. Just thinking about how he behaved getting in and out of boxes just makes me laugh even now. He was such a sport :). The video I am about to share will identify some of the reasons why cats love boxes. It all made sense to me after watching the video.

Anne, Dec 26, 2014
  6. Aymes

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Cats do seem to love boxes that's for sure. I know that mine are genuinely curious. and they seem to want to investigate things around them. I have never had them near a box but I bet if there was a box in my yard that was accessible to them they would all want to go be in it. The only problem there is that Squiggy might try to dominate the box as she always tries to dominate everything over the other cats. The only one she can't seem to get away with this with is Pepper, who of course is her mother and won't stand for Squiggy behavior.

pafjlh, Jan 19, 2015
  7. Aymes

mimio Active Member

The fireplace! Everytime I finshd the fire, they would go into the fireplace for a rest, Because it is so warm. Maybe they love boxes also relate to this.

mimio, Jan 30, 2015
Ask a Question