Does your cat like dogs?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by cocolgooh, Mar 13, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgooh Member

Mine loves dogs. She spends all her time with my two dogs actually. Whenever she gets half a chance she's in their beds with them or they're curled up together on the rug. It's sweet, I think. One of my old cats absolutely hated dogs though.

cocolgooh, Mar 13, 2016
  2. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

Well my cat is only here in spirit if there is such a thing and when he was here in the flesh there were all four of them inseparable - one cat, four dogs. It was a real joy to watch even when they would get a little mad at one another.

I never got to see it but I am sure that with any dog outside of the house it was a different story.

Anne, Mar 13, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  3. cocolgooh

Trellum Well-Known Member

Mine is not a lover or hater of dogs, but he didn't like it when he and my other dog were very young, because my Frida wanted to play with him like she would with another dog. Bob didn't take it that well because he is a cat :p

Trellum, Mar 19, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  4. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

I was trying to find some photos or videos of my cat and dog playing. It was a joy to watch. This is just a sad reminder of what was taken from me when my phone was stolen. :( At least I might find a few on other devices and thankfully the memories can't be taken from me.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Anne, Mar 19, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  5. cocolgooh

nytegeek Member

My little polydactyl calico cat sleeps with a big black pit-bull and she tries to bathe him. So I guess she must like dogs! She spends a lot of time with that dog.

nytegeek, Mar 25, 2016
    cocolgooh likes this.
  6. cocolgooh

acheno84 Member

My little black kitten, Batley, loves her Charlie dog. He's a Pit bull mix and she is always trying to curl up and sleep next to him. He's a grump when he's sleeping and doesn't like to be cuddled or have anything touching him so he'll usually just growl at her and she'll lay near him, but not touch him. Batley's momma, Bubbles (she's an oscicat), loves him, but I think it's for the wrong reasons. She likes to get him in trouble, and she will taunt and irritate him to get him to do something that might get him yelled at. We call her the enforcer, because she will also hit him and scream at him when he does get in trouble, or if we ask him to do simple things like "get off of the couch". She'll come out of nowhere and get right in his face until he listens.

acheno84, Jun 9, 2016
  7. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

I was talking about this only yesterday. A couple was so worried that they dog would just hate a cat if they brought one home. I recounted the joy it brought me to see my girls live together like sisters- partners in crime. It warms my heart just thinking about. I just wonder if they miss Twinkle like I do or if they have moved on.

Anne, Jun 16, 2016
  8. cocolgooh

cluckeyo Active Member

My cat loves my chihuahua and wants so bad to play with her. But she is having none of it. Still, he keeps trying. He will try to ruffhouse with her by running to her and creeping up and pawing at her real fast and hard. She hates that, and growls, barks, and bares her teeth!

cluckeyo, Jun 24, 2016
  9. cocolgooh

Valerie Active Member

Though I presently do not have a cat, ones that I've raised and cared for in the past have had mixed reactions. Some of them would warm right up to the visiting dogs or my grandparents' dachshund Rusty. Meanwhile, a few of them hated dogs so much that they'd full-on attack. I always had to watch my cat Maxwell around the wiener dog because, although Max with larger and younger at the time, he was also a complete fraidy cat. While Rusty only ever harmed his stuffed animals, if he got to close to Max, he'd be minced in seconds.

Valerie, Jun 30, 2016
  10. cocolgooh

cecejailer Member

My cat absolutely loves dogs, but my dog doesn't seem to like my cat very much. It's not violent or anything but my dog seems to ignore my cat. Guess that's better than them being enemies but I wish they'd be friends.
    I think people think cats and dogs are enemies but they're not, they just don't understand each other very well.

cecejailer, Jun 30, 2016
Ask a Question