Does your cat have a favorite colour?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kdb890, Apr 27, 2016.

1. kdb890

kdb890 Member

Cats can only see a certain range of colors, and those are usually included in the toys you can get for them at grocery stores. Out of the toys and items you've given your cats, have they been drawn to any one color in particular? My current cat loves the color green, and I know that because all of his most played with toys are green. He's more attracted to that color than reds or blues or yellows or anything else.

kdb890, Apr 27, 2016
  2. kdb890

cocolgooh Member

My cat doesn't seem to prefer any colour over any other colour. She's fairly impartial. Her brother though always used to go for things that were orange. He'd go for pens, oranges, fridge magnets, flowers, blankets, butterflies... If it was orange he wanted it!

cocolgooh, May 2, 2016
  3. kdb890

kdb890 Member

Haha, that's cute. My cats favorite toy right now is a green fish, and he also loves sleeping on a green cover that we have. I had never really known that cats were more attracted to one color over another until my current cat came about.

kdb890, May 2, 2016
  4. kdb890

Novelangel Active Member

I'm a crocheter and knitter so I have bags of yarn in my home that I have to hide when I'm not using them because my kitty likes to rummage through them. One day she was doing that and a few minutes later I saw her walking off with an entire skein of yarn in her mouth. It was green and she looked fairly proud of herself. I figured she liked green so I used that exact yarn to make her a toy ball. Naturally, she ignored it completely, so I still don't know if she's a fan of green or if that was the only skein she could easily pull out of the bag by herself. I haven't noticed for certain which colors she prefers, if any.

Novelangel, May 22, 2016
  5. kdb890

Valerie Active Member

None of the cats I've had ever seemed to have a preference for one color over another. Although, there is a color that one of my cat, Misty, absolutely LOATHES.
    And that would be purple. Purple rugs, slippers, strings, clothing... if it's purple she will quite literally have a conniption. You can't even get near her if you're wearing purple on your feet. Misty will either attack in a full out rage, battering your feet or run away, screaming bloody murder.

Valerie, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question