Does you cat bite you?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Susan Brown, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats are both pretty good. Merle might bite you if you are playing with him but it is just a nib and if you tell him to stop it, he actually will. I have friends who have cats that actually bite you and make you bleed. They will attack you for no reason. I use to work at an animal shelter so I have seen my share of cats that can be very cross. So what are your kitties like?

Susan Brown, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

Damn! I'd be so afraid to own a cat that suddenly feels the urge to attack and bite its owner D: I'm not sure I' be able to keep such a cat, specially if it bites so hard to the point of making you bleed D: Definitely not in my house if I had small children D:

Trellum, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Susan Brown

You could definitely not have a cat like that around small children. Some cats will come around after a lot of love and patience. I know mean cats can be very scary. I have seen my share of them. A girls I use to work with had a cat that would attack her whenever she had her back turned. She would come to work with all these nasty scratches and bites. She eventually had to get rid of him because nobody was safe around him.

Susan Brown, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

Aww :( I believe most animals deserve a second chance, so I am kinda sad when I read about cases like this one :( What happened to that kitty? Could she find a good home for him? I have yet to meet a cat that is aggressive like that. Which makes me wonder... did your friend adopt hers when it was just a kitten or was it an adult already when she welcomed it into her home?

Trellum, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Susan Brown

Blakesolice New Member

My cat never bites me or any other member of the family just for fun. He likes to play hide n seek and whenever we catch him he would nibble softly on hands or legs and run away. He has never bitten anyone to harm them.

Blakesolice, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Susan Brown

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Yes, I was sad to read this too. I do hope the cat found a new adopted home! I think sometimes it is harder and takes more patiance when a cat is adopted later in age, but well worth the time and effort. Some might think it would be the opposite and easier compared to a kitty. Sure kitties need to be trained and learn about this great big new world, but adult cats have a past and along with that comes habits.

Herman&Eddie, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Susan Brown

Yes she did find him a new home and as far as I know he is doing well there. They still have him so he must have adjusted to his surroundings. She had him from the time that he was a little kitten and she had him for a couple of years anyways. Maybe they just weren't the right fit for each other.

I have always adopted older cats and I have never had a problem with them. I always preferred giving older cats a home.

Susan Brown, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Susan Brown

Anne Well-Known Member

I keep thinking and thinking about this question all of the time and can't with certainty say my cat bit me. Even so if my Twinkle did bite me, it would have been a love bite. We were too into each other.:)

Anne, Aug 12, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  9. Susan Brown

Anne I love so much when you talk about your kitty. You can really feel the love and bond that the two of you shared.
    I am sorry that you couldn't have been together for a lot longer. My heart hurts for you.

Susan Brown, Aug 21, 2015
Ask a Question