Does anyone here have a Manx?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by SheWolfSilver, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I just recently acquired a Manx from my daughter and she is the oddest little thing. She is more like a dog than a cat. She loves the water and jumps in my bath water when I'm taking a bath. She fetches just like a dog would, and she carries things around in her mouth. That is just a few of the odd habits this little creature has.

Anyway, I have heard that are health concerns associated with Manx cats so, I was wondering if anyone here has one and what should I watch out for?

SheWolfSilver, Jan 24, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have never had a pure-bred Manx before. However, I did have a few mixed breeds with Manx characteristics. The non-existent tail. The rump higher than the shoulders. I remember one that hardly ever made a noise. It was a great companion for quiet evenings. Doesn't sleep like this Manx, though:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jan 26, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Oh, she is an odd one! She doesn't like to be petted or even touched for that matter. She pretty much destroys everything. She is driving me crazy! LOL I love her though! I'll just have to find a way to make it work.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 26, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

footballtim Well-Known Member

Tabitha (on the left) is a Manx. The only Manx related health problems I know of are their butts and their backs. Because they do not have a tail, they can be prone to butt problems. Their backs can be sensitive especially near the rear, so be careful how you hold them.

footballtim, Sep 9, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Now that you mentioned it, I can remember now how Hitler was leery of anyone touching him near the tail. He was totally tailless. Not even a stump. He wasn't one of those touchy feely cats in the first place but his tail, or rather where his tail was supposed to be, was a totally no-fly zone.

Victor Leigh, Sep 10, 2012
Ask a Question