Do your cats love laser toys?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catface, May 30, 2013.

1. catface

catface New Member

So a few of my cats LOVE the laser toys and it's a great way to get them to exercise. I find that they die really quickly, but on the plus side, they're pretty cheap.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks? How do you use the toy with your cat(s)? I like to drag the light in a straight line and then up the wall. I've seen some of my cats run three or four feet up the wall to try and catch it. I also love to get them spinning in circles.

catface, May 30, 2013
  2. catface

Epicfied Well-Known Member

We don't generally buy them laser toys just because of the battery life.
    I like moving the light really slowly then quickly moving it across the room.
    Wait a second for them to get prepared to pounce and repeat.

Epicfied, May 31, 2013
  3. catface

jules Active Member

My cat is tired of the laser trick already.Back then, I had it spinning around, up on its two feet trying to catch the beam but its new fascination is with the bubble wrap now. It accidentally bit one and when it popped, it had the scare of its life but it keeps coming back for more scares.

jules, Jun 2, 2013
  4. catface

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I bought a few laser pointers from the clearance bin in Walmart, so I haven't had to deal with the battery life issue yet. I kind of move the beam in a zig zag across the floor because it confuses the heck out of my cat. The small, yappy dog that I was taking care of for an elderly relative is my small, yappy dog now, I guess.
    The dog is smart enough to figure out the beam is coming from the object in my hand ,so he nips at my hand.

ACSAPA, Jun 2, 2013
  5. catface

Trellum Well-Known Member

Mine does! I try to pretend like I'm not the one moving the laser light or else he might stop being interested in it ;) Bob is a smart boy! It's so fun to watch him doing that :) I should make a video of it and upload it to Youtube!

Trellum, Jan 7, 2014
Ask a Question