Do your cats like snow?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by magickat, Feb 9, 2012.

1. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

We have had quite a lot of snow recently and some of my cats love playing in it, but others don't want to know! For 2 of my kittens it was their first experience of snow....one was too scared to step out of the door, but her sister was so excited and spent ages playing in it. I t was so cute to watch :)

magickat, Feb 9, 2012
    Micheleteresa likes this.
  2. magickat

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

I have no idea if any of my Tribe likes snow! Having lived in Puerto Rico for ten years and just a little over a year ago moving back to NY, the only one who has been outside in the snow is Sunny and it was something new to her since she is a PR born kitty who I brought to NY with me when we moved back to NY. Sunny was very interested in the snow but after jumping around in it for about five minutes she was ready to go back inside.

Micheleteresa, Feb 9, 2012
    magickat likes this.
  3. magickat

Belligerent Well-Known Member

I'm in Texas and we never have snow.. I keep my kitty in when it does snow, though. I'm not sure she'd be too fond of it.. lol. I have seen cats play in the snow before and I think it's absolutely adorable when they do.

Belligerent, Feb 9, 2012
    magickat likes this.
  4. magickat

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

My cats are indoors-only, so I'm kind of afraid what would have to happen for them to experience snow! :D

My dog got her first taste of snow last year and she didn't know what to do with it. She stood there, looking down at her feet for the longest time.

Wallie0921, Feb 9, 2012
  5. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No idea whether my cats would like snow. No idea whether I, myself, would get on fine with snow because I haven't met any yet. I suppose if it does snow, my cats would probably watch it from the window, the same way they watch rain.

Victor Leigh, Feb 11, 2012
  6. magickat

Cathy Member

It's been snowing here the past few weeks - my cats hate it. I have one, the bengal, who will go out in it - but briefly. The other three say no way, they'd much rather just stay indoors. My dog absolutely loves it though.

Cathy, Feb 11, 2012
  7. magickat

joshistraining Member

Both of mine seem to love the snow, my younger black cat usually randomly darts around the garden in it aha.

joshistraining, Feb 19, 2012
  8. magickat

inTHEsane Active Member

I have had a few moments with my cats in the snow where they enjoyed it. However the majority of the time, they are annoyed because they were outside cats and wanted to get in the woods and be cats but couldn't without getting wet, something they hate. I have had a few friends with cats that loved it though, was always jealous and made sure I played with them whenever I could get the chance. :D

inTHEsane, Feb 25, 2012
  9. magickat

Alli Well-Known Member

My cats were both born in South Louisiana and spent the early part of their lives there- so they didn't encounter snow until they were about 5 and 7, when I moved north temporarily. They were NOT impressed- headed straight back inside. They are back in the south again now and will probably be happy to never see snow again.

Alli, Mar 11, 2012
  10. magickat

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats are terrified of snow and hail. They really hate hail (understandable because it looks like it hurts a lot) and hardly go out when it is raining. I wish my cats would play in the snow. It would be so cute!

steph84, Mar 12, 2012
  11. magickat

wils172 Active Member

My oldest two cats don't seem too bothered by the snow, but the young female hates it.. she's a big baby though

wils172, Mar 13, 2012
  12. magickat

nicola Active Member

Sophie hasn't seen snow yet.
    My other cat Lucy used to love watching it.

nicola, Mar 22, 2012
  13. magickat

Jessi Well-Known Member

Definitely not. My inside cats have both gotten out when there was snow on the ground and each one panicked and freaked out over it. I have no fear of them trying to go out again when the ground is all white. Their princess paws would never survive. ;)

Jessi, Mar 23, 2012
  14. magickat

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My cats never go out in the snow, but occasionally long ago when they accidentally got out. I think they liked it, but I had a hard time getting them back in. I would love to have fenced in yard, so they could play in the snow, or any other nice weather condition. My cats don't play out in the snow much, but I think they would love it if they could go outside.

Jenny Heart, Apr 10, 2012
  15. magickat

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

One of my cats likes to go outside and when she tries to get out in winter, she'll just stop, look around, and then race back in the house as fast as she can. Its pretty hilarious to watch.

dkramarczyk, Apr 10, 2012
  16. magickat

btatro Well-Known Member

We took our cat in as a stray, so she was used to the snow. After she spent more time indoors, however, she would only go out in the snow every once in awhile. Mostly she just sayes inside where it was warm. Rain, however, is a different story. Every time it rained, she would beg to go outside!

btatro, Apr 13, 2012
Ask a Question