Do your cats get along?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Susan Brown, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

For those of you who have two or more cats, how do they get along?
    Are they female or male? I have two male cats and for the most part
    they get along good but on occasion they do get into it. It is never
    anything back though. Mostly a lot of hissing and growling and a few
    swats and then they are buddies again.

Susan Brown, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Susan Brown

erik Well-Known Member

My 2 cats are sublings and get along well but not with other cats...and their mother too! She recently rejected them when she got pregnant again..

erik, Aug 13, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  3. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

@erik Awww, so she was indeed pregnant? I thought so, it might seem so mean to us, but it's nature. I guess it's good pregnant female cats reject their older kittens... so they can focus on their youngest ones. So, she doesn't get into your apartment anymore?

@Susan Brown I've never had two cats, but once I tried taking my cat to my grandma house, so m cat and my sis cat could play. Her cat was so unfriendly to my kitten! My kitten started playing with her toy, and she reacted a bit crazily :(

Trellum, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Susan Brown

erik Well-Known Member

@Trellum she still follows me around but when she gets greeted in the door with her ex-kittens she lets out a hiss and walk away... last time i saw her it seems she already gave birth! I have yet to find where she hid them tho..

erik, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Erik I hope wherever the kittens are that they and momma are okay. I would be so worried not knowing where they are.

Yes Trellum some cats can be right mean when it comes to being around another cat. They are very territorial so they
    don't like other cats or dogs for that matter in their space. Most dogs will play together pretty well but cats on another
    hand are very different. It takes them a long time to get use to each other.

Susan Brown, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

@erik Oh no :( I hope those kittens are ok! What would you do if you could find them? Would you take them home? :O

@Susan Brown yeah, I've noticed. When my neighborhood had cats... I noticed each male cat has its own territory well established and got very mad when another cat stepped in. A lot growling and hissing! So glad cats communicate with us tru meowing :)

Trellum, Aug 21, 2015
Ask a Question