Do you see your cats as kids?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Oct 14, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Do you feel that your cats are just your kids in fur coats? This is how I feel. They get treats all the time and we celebrate their birthdays and they get Christmas gifts and everything. They even have their own stockings. So yes they are my kids.

catlover2, Oct 14, 2010
  2. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Haha. Yes I agree with you so much. I view both of my cats just like my little girl and boy. They mean the world to me and I am sure I mean it to them as well. It will be a sad sad day if I ever lose either Jillian or Marky.

catlover2, Oct 14, 2010
  3. catlover2

catconnection Member

Of course our cats are like children. They become part of us and us them. Good times as well as bad are shared. In many ways, cats are better than children in their ability to sense our moods and react accordingly. When they die, part of us dies with them but they will always live in our hearts!

catconnection, Dec 1, 2010
  4. catlover2

diann3tes Member

Me too. Even my pups, I treat them all as my own kids. When I'm out of the house for work for appointments, I eventually miss them. It's like I wanted to be around them all the time.

diann3tes, Jan 4, 2011
  5. catlover2

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Yes, my cat Dolores is like my kid. But since she's such a grouch ,I think of Dolores as my surly teenager. I can almost hear her thinking "When I turn 18, I am SO out of here." She's probably waiting for me to go on a trip so she can throw a wild party for the other cats.

ACSAPA, Sep 23, 2012
  6. catlover2

Jessi Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't. They are more like my friends than my kids. I do get them Christmas gifts and whatnot, but I don't treat them like my babies.

Jessi, Sep 24, 2012
  7. catlover2

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Only since my own kids have grown up. I find I baby them more now and catch my self babytalking to them. They look at me like I have gone crazy :D

Beth23, Sep 24, 2012
  8. catlover2

andrew320 Well-Known Member

I love the boys. My fiancee moved in with her two cats and I treat them like they're my family. They're great little boys and I do the same thing by getting them Christmas or birthday gifts. I talk to them, pet them, play with them and just treat them like my own family members.

andrew320, Sep 24, 2012
  9. catlover2

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

Our cats are our babies, I would fill my home with cats but I can only cope with one child at a time lol, I much prefer cats. Don't get me wrong, I love my own children, all grown up with homes and children of their own now but cats are much easier.Our cats get Christmas pressies and my husband makes them cards for their birthdays too.:)

Daintipawz, Oct 3, 2012
  10. catlover2

JustJenne Active Member

To a degree, yes, I kind of feel like a mom to my cats. Especially when you raised them since they were kittens. But, I tend to see them more as a friend really. It also depends on the cat; some of our cats are so affectionate and want to sleep on the bed, but one of my mom's cats wants nothing to do with me. So, I don't have much of a bond with her, let alone a parental one lol.

JustJenne, Oct 14, 2012
  11. catlover2

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We treat them like family, not necessarily "kids" I suppose. But yes, we do birthdays and holidays with them.

OhioTom76, Oct 17, 2012
  12. catlover2

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Probably because Pepsi is slightly evil >.>

Neko is my baby, though... I don't treat her like a kid anymore though. She's grown up! haha
    I still call her my baby. :p

Epicfied, Oct 18, 2012
  13. catlover2

Lex Member

Oh, my pets are definitely my "babies," and they tend to get treated as such. They're family, you know? I definitely understand how some people don't feel that way, but I can't imagine not spoiling them all to pieces. Which is probably awful, in truth, but it's how I've always treated my pets.

Lex, Jan 28, 2013
  14. catlover2

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Yes, very much so! Sibyl is especially my little girl. She treats me slightly differently than other people and I do the same with her. She gets my favoritism and is treated like a child from me. It's killing me to be away from her right now (I'm out of town to visit family and couldn't bring her, she hates cars!)! Other people in my house treat Alice just the same, so it's more than okay for everyone.

blurinoctober, Feb 3, 2013
  15. catlover2

steph84 Well-Known Member

I really do see my cats as my kids. I don't have any children yet so they are my kids for now. I spoil them rotten. I just hope I don't do the same with my children. They would end up being terrible adults.

steph84, Feb 5, 2013
  16. catlover2

shdws Well-Known Member

No I don't see my cat as my kid. A family member yes but not my child. I do get him lots of gifts.

shdws, Feb 6, 2013
  17. catlover2

mandikl0721 Member

I have always felt that my cats are my kids. It breaks my heart to leave them alone all day while at work, or when we go over night somewhere. I jokingly say that I want to teach them how to use the phone, so I can call and check up on them. I always tell the oldest that he is in charge when I leave for the day. I even went as far as giving my mom a "I love my grandcats coffee mug".

mandikl0721, Feb 9, 2013
  18. catlover2

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol Mandikl0721! You really do see them as your kids, huh? And not just a little bit. I find it really sweet that you gave your mom a mug like that. :)

Jessi, Feb 9, 2013
  19. catlover2

Britt24xoxo Member

I have three cats, all of which I have raised myself since they were babies. I definitely think of them as my four-legged children. They get in just as much trouble and bring me just as much joy as any child would. They each have their own personalities and are definitely a handful when they want to be. They act more like kids than animals to me anyway. They are always right beside me no matter where I'm at in the house. They are my life for sure.

Britt24xoxo, Apr 30, 2013
  20. catlover2

CatFour Active Member

Our daughter is grown and doesn't live with us anymore, so our cats are our kids. We even call ourselves mom and dad to them. We don't buy them presents for Christmas, but they do get treats when we get back from the store. They act like kids and it's cute to see the kitten follow and pester the older cats like a kid brother or sister would do their older siblings.

CatFour, May 6, 2013
Ask a Question