Do you kiss your cat? Do they like being smooched?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by footballtim, Aug 25, 2012.

1. footballtim

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I have a female cat who really isn't that touchy. She only wants to be pet when she is in the mood for it, not when I want to pet her. She doesn't mind kisses however, I think I am slightly allergic to her because every time i kiss her my lips get swollen and itchy. :( Therefore, I don't kiss her much.
    She does like it when I scratch behind her ears.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015
  2. footballtim

djordjem87 Member

I really don't because i share custody, so to say :), and since i do not decide about all of their daily habits and therefore they roam and go God knows where it would be not so very smart to kiss them. My dog lives inside and i kiss him all the time so i would not have any problems kissing a cat if i was sure it was clean. I remember when i was a kid i used to kiss my old cat all the time.

djordjem87, Nov 26, 2015
  3. footballtim

KimmyMarkks Active Member

My sister's cat is an outdoor cat. I don't kiss her because I know she kills birds and other small animals. I am scared she transmits disease. I also try to keep her away from my indoor cats for the same reason. I don't mind kissing my indoor cats but I don't kiss my outdoor ones.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 3, 2015
  4. footballtim

morgoodie Member

My cats did not mind being kissed on. One was more receptive to it but the other one tolerated it to a point. He was a little more reserved than my other one. Tigger, the one who liked being loved on was such a big baby and he was a very needy cat, wanting to be loved on all the time. I miss that sometimes. My other cat, Sir Trouble, had is own method of showing affection for me. He would lay beside my in bed and lay his paw on my arm and squeeze his paw closed over and over. It was so sweet and I loved because I was the only one he would do that to.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
  5. footballtim

MER Well-Known Member

Gemma would tolerate it from me for a while. Rosco, he can take it for a good while. I use to kiss him on his belly when he was really young. It would always make him purr.

MER, Feb 29, 2016
  6. footballtim

stillsmallworld.com Member

I do. My boy will even try to go mouth to mouth with me, but I can't bring myself to do it, so I'll lower my forehead to him and we'll bump heads instead. All three of my cats like the head bump, and I've read that it is part of their body language in the wild.

stillsmallworld.com, Mar 5, 2016
Ask a Question