Do you kiss your cat? Do they like being smooched?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by footballtim, Aug 25, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

Many cats really do not like being kissed on their face. My young Bengal, Phoebe usually likes it, but when she has had enough, she starts jumping around telling me that it is playtime. However, my older Manx, Tabitha, (the one in my avatar) does not really like being kissed on the nose or mouth. She moves her face away. She does however have a little more tolerance for it now than she did when she was younger. She used to hate having her face held or kissed because she spent the first eight years of her life with little human contact. We got her from a shelter and she had been neglected and abused.

footballtim, Aug 25, 2012
  2. footballtim

steph84 Well-Known Member

I kiss all of my cats, but the only one that like it/doesn't mind is my tuxedo cat, Kitty Love. The feral ones don't like you being too close to their faces. My cat Kitty Love will put his face toward you and try to kiss you. My new kitty Romy purrs like crazy when you kiss him, but he only likes it on the side of his face and not on his nose.

steph84, Aug 26, 2012
  3. footballtim

supergirl Member

Most of my cats responded well to being kissed, however they would fully clean themselves down afterwards! Apparently we are filthy creatures to them, so they go into over time making sure they are back to their usual clean self afterwards. They purr as if they enjoy it though..

supergirl, Aug 26, 2012
  4. footballtim

Beth23 Well-Known Member

My tuxedo Kiki will kiss me if I put my lips together and make a kissing noise. He will come right up and put his nose to mine. I don't do it often because his breath is horrible. :p

Beth23, Aug 26, 2012
  5. footballtim

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat Dolores is not too keen on being smooched but my past cat Tricky used to like it. Cats all have different personalities and I just happen to have a grouchy cat this time.

ACSAPA, Aug 26, 2012
  6. footballtim

Jessi Well-Known Member

No, I don't. I love my cat and all, but I find it rather gross to kiss animals. That's just a personal thing, I'm sure, and I don't care if others do it, but no thanks for me and my kitties.

Jessi, Aug 26, 2012
  7. footballtim

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

My cat headbutts and kisses on me a lot. If he wants a snuggle, I'll get a full headbutt/kiss/butt in the face affair.

Evilsprinkles, Aug 26, 2012
  8. footballtim

andrew320 Well-Known Member

We gave them kisses when they're being absolutely cute or if one feels like he's getting enough attention. However, they absolutely hate it. When I'm working or we watch a movie and one of them blocks the screen we just give them love and affection and they run away immediately!

andrew320, Aug 27, 2012
  9. footballtim

Smadge Member

Yes, I kiss my cats all the time.

Smadge, Jan 26, 2014
  10. footballtim

Trellum Well-Known Member

Bob doesn't seem to either love it or hate it, but if I feel like kissing him on one of his eyebrows I know I can do it ;) I'd not say he loves kisses tho, once i tried to kiss his nose, but he'd not let me, lol. Now dogs are a different thing....hehehehe!

Trellum, Apr 2, 2015
  11. footballtim

MER Well-Known Member

Gemma and my wife trade kisses / headbutts. Me and Rosco smooch all the time. When he's stretched out sleeping I'll come up to him and kiss his belly and front and rear quarters and behind the ears. He'll rev up that purring in seconds flat.

MER, Sep 22, 2015
  12. footballtim

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I miss both of my kitties all the time. Harley doesn't like it so much but Merle will keep me back. I just have to pucker up and Merle will kiss me right on the lips. It is so cute. He is so affectionate.

Susan Brown, Sep 27, 2015
  13. footballtim

Carnold23 Member

My cat tigger loves when I kiss him!! He is extremely affectionate with me. But he does not really care for being kissed by anyone else, like my children or my husband. He's my baby :p

Carnold23, Oct 18, 2015
  14. footballtim

cheryllei9h New Member

I kiss all of my cats. I don't think none of them really care for it though. They would just rather be petted.

cheryllei9h, Oct 20, 2015
  15. footballtim

RealDMat Well-Known Member

Both my kitties get kisses, as well as swaddled--LOL. Only one of them actually enjoys the swaddling...my older one. He acts like a baby in a blanket...it's adorable... :p

RealDMat, Oct 25, 2015
  16. footballtim

Felix the Cat New Member

My kitty loves being smooched sometimes, she's a little cutie. Not all the time though, sometimes she won't even let me touch her. Even with all this, she doesn't really enjoy being kissed.

Felix the Cat, Nov 2, 2015
  17. footballtim

Anne Well-Known Member

I just don't have many memories of kissing Twinkle. It just wasn't my thing. I don't know if it was the whiskers or the fact that he brought me mice once or twice. Cuddle and all those other wonderful things, and I was on board.

Anne, Nov 2, 2015
  18. footballtim

JustineB New Member

My cats will in no way allow me to kiss them! They bob and weave just to get away when I try to give them smooches :)

JustineB, Nov 6, 2015
  19. footballtim

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Kitties kisses are the best. It is always nice to spend some quality time with kitties. I.love hearing them purr when you snuggle them. They love all the attention.

Susan Brown, Nov 7, 2015
  20. footballtim

p885 Member

My cat just likes to rub up against me. That is how she shows her love.

p885, Nov 14, 2015
    RealDMat likes this.
Ask a Question