Do You Have Other Animals With Your Cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by blurinoctober, Dec 8, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

If so, how do they react to each other?

I used to have a hamster and my cat would sometimes knock the cage over trying to jump on top of it, but never go after the hamster. Currently I have dogs and they mostly ignore each other. Sibyl is scared of the biggest dog we have (a senior black lab - she's sort of huge) but not the others.

blurinoctober, Dec 8, 2012
  2. blurinoctober

Jessi Well-Known Member

We also have a dog. My oldest cat hates him and has from day one...but she hates our other cat, too. The other cat and dog get along great, though, and are best of buddies. I attribute most of the first one's issues being because she's old, grouchy, and very, very particular, so she's just a pain.

Jessi, Dec 9, 2012
  3. blurinoctober

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My kitties grew up with with two greyhounds so they love dogs but since I moved house, its just the two of them...they are enough work haha!

Scottyxx, Dec 9, 2012
  4. blurinoctober

PurpleRoses1979 New Member

We have two guinea pigs. Our Cat likes to torment them sometimes. He will reach into their cage and bat at them. They usually just run into their little hide-a-house and ignore him. Sometimes our female piggy will get a bit of an attitude with him if he bothers her. When we first got Lava he was still a kitten and he loved laying on the tops of the cages and reaching in to try to swat them. We corrected this because it really bothered our male piggy. Now they seem to just tolerate one another. If we have the guinea pigs out for floor time the cat gets put upstairs so we don't have any incidents just to be safe or all our fur babies.

PurpleRoses1979, Dec 10, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  5. blurinoctober

steph84 Well-Known Member

We have one dog, named Marley, who 2 of the cats get along with. He doesn't like my cat Kitty Love and chases him around the yard. I think it's because he's a big ball of fluff and Marley just wants to play with him.

steph84, Dec 11, 2012
  6. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Awwwwwh. When I was younger I had an outside dog that always loved to play with cats. Most cats just wouldn't have it, but I had one at the time who loved him just as much and would sleep on his belly at night!

blurinoctober, Dec 16, 2012
Ask a Question