Do you have a favorite store brand food?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by nikki, Aug 17, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Do you have a food preference, does your cat agree with your preference? Have you TRIED your cats food if they dont like it?

nikki, Aug 17, 2012
  2. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

Purina usually. We used to buy Science Diet but then it started making our cat sick....and so do the super cheap foods. Purina has a few special formulas that seem to work okay.

Jessi, Aug 24, 2012
  3. nikki

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats like Purina over other brads in the store. They did like Friskies, but I noticed that their coats looks a little better when I switched to Purina. They like Iams for a while, but then they started getting picky and only wanted table scraps.

steph84, Aug 26, 2012
  4. nikki

andrew320 Well-Known Member

My fiancee has been feeding the cats Iams dry food for years now. When it comes to wet food, she purchases two different types of natural products. It depends on how much the prices are. It's quite healthy and Iams seems to be rather healthy too because neither have had anything wrong with them.

andrew320, Oct 25, 2012
  5. nikki

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cat, as you know, has a very sensitive tummy, and anything can set him off, we have finally found an affordable food that he cant eat that wont result in blood poops!

It's Felidae wet food Senior diet, and for the dry portion, it's Feline Plus Lifetime Chicken, Turkey and Oatmeal. It works WONDERS for him, way better than the vet's food, I cannot believe it.

The Felidae is 2.39 for a big can and that lasts three days, and the Feline Plus is $15 for a 2.5kg bag. I totally reccomend these products for any cat with digestive issues.

Scottyxx, Oct 26, 2012
  6. nikki

Try Feline Plus Lifetime Chicken, Turkey and Oatmeal. It has probiotics, and is low fat, so it is easy to digest, its fairly cheap, and its grain free. It hasn't made my little one sick, and his tummy is insanely sensitive!

Scottyxx, Oct 26, 2012
  7. nikki

Yolanda Well-Known Member

My cats have been on Hills for a couple of years now, but they have recently started to throw up right after eating it so I am switching kibble. I now have Sanabelle and I hope they will digest this better. The wet food we feed is Cosma.

Yolanda, Nov 17, 2012
  8. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

It's grain-free? I've never heard of the brand. Where do you buy it? I'm sure I could probably find it online, but shipping isn't exactly cheap.

Jessi, Nov 17, 2012
  9. nikki

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Sanabelle has grain-free food as well, and a couple of others brands. It's getting more and more popular, which is a good thing.

Yolanda, Nov 18, 2012
  10. nikki

Yes I think its grain free. I get mine at Global Pet Foods (I am in Canada) Its about $12.99 for a 2.5kg bag here, so far my troubled little guy isn't sick with it either!

The bag looks like this: [​IMG]

Scottyxx, Nov 20, 2012
  11. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

I searched for " Feline Plus Lifetime Chicken" and was shocked to see that this thread actually comes up fourth in the search results! Awesome. :D

Jessi, Nov 21, 2012
  12. nikki

Hhaha! As I looked at the bag last night, it looks like there is a maple leaf in the logo, I would guess in that case .... It's Canadian.

Scottyxx, Nov 21, 2012
  13. nikki

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Most of the time I buy Whiskas. I can get Whiskas in two packaging. One is the branded packaging. The other is bulk packaging which comes in a big 50 kg sack. Of course, the one which comes in the big sack is cheaper.

Victor Leigh, Nov 25, 2012
  14. nikki

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Lately I've been feeding my cats Iams and they love it. They're more likely to gobble it up as soon as I fed them. i was a bit worried at first, but it seems they just think it's delicious!

blurinoctober, Dec 5, 2012
  15. nikki

My guys used to eat Iams too, until they got sick, I doubt it was the Iams but just like you, they used to devour it like it was going to be taken away.

Scottyxx, Dec 7, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  16. nikki

steph84 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the Purina weight loss formulas? My cat is starting to look like a chubby bunny and could lose a few pounds. He likes to be carried and he is hurting my back now. I need to get him on a diet soon.

steph84, Dec 11, 2012
  17. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

I haven't tried a weight loss formula. In general, I would recommend just changing his habits in general. Feed him a little bit less at each meal. Cut back on treats. Even offer veggies with meals to stretch his food a little more without the extra calories. Encourage him to run around and play more often.

Jessi, Dec 11, 2012
  18. nikki

Trellum Well-Known Member

Purina for my cat right now, and for my dog is blue buffalo all the way, because she really seems to like it better than any other brands we have ever tried. I did give whiskay to my Bob in the beginning, but thankfully not for too long.

Trellum, Jun 16, 2015
  19. nikki

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My kitties love Friskies. In the can food they like any of the shredded stuff that has lots of gravy. It doesn't matter too much what the flavour is. They will eat any of it but they have a preference to salmon and chicken. In the dry food they love it all. They eat their dry food throughput the day. It is like a snack for them. They also love the Temptation treats. They go crazy for them.

Susan Brown, Jul 11, 2015
Ask a Question