Do you give your cat presents for Christmas? Birthdays? What about holiday dress up?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CinnamonKiss, Dec 26, 2012.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

We haven't given them presents in a really long time but we have before. It usually consisted of giving them a bag of treats each and a toy or two each, usually one toy had some catnip. We don't do anything special for birthdays but Dusty's is April 5th and he's spent every single one of them sleeping in the middle of my bed, even with me in it. One year we gave my dad a gag gift of a carton of catfood cans. They didn't go to waste, our cats love moist food :)
    We've not dressed up our cats, it's difficult to do. We did place a kid's party hat on Dusty one time just to see how cute it looked, but no outfits. I really wanted my mom to buy a Santa hat for Dusty so I could take pictures and post them on facebook with a cheesy line like "Dusty Claws Says Merry Christmas!" but it never came to fruition.
    What about you guys? Do anything special or give them a little something extra? Do you dress your cat up, even briefly, for holidays or special occasions?

CinnamonKiss, Dec 26, 2012
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, they get special soft food with gravy for Christmas because they love it, but are given dry food the rest of the year, so it's a treat. We sometimes do catnip, a new toy, and/or new treats, too. We don't ever dress them up, though.

Jessi, Dec 26, 2012
  3. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

My cats never get dressed up, as I'm not a fan of putting animals in clothing unless it's needed. Like, if you have a dog with short hair you need to take outside for a walk when it's snowing, putting a sweater on it makes sense. If I put something on Sibyl, she'd overheat, on top of not liking it.

Aside from that, I always get them Christmas gifts. Each animal in the house gets one new toy for the year and they get a special treat to eat that day. As most of our animals came from shelters or were strays, we don't know when birthdays are, so that's not something we celebrate for.

blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

MarinaRose Member

This past Christmas, we gave our cats, Inky & Ivy, presents. We got them a white toy mouse, which they LOVED (sadly, I can't find it anywhere) and two balls with bells inside them. They have their own stocking, so we put the toys we got for them in there. :)

MarinaRose, Apr 11, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I got my guys little cat stockings with kitty toys in them, and got them to tear through them and open them. It was fun times!

Scottyxx, Apr 12, 2013
  6. CinnamonKiss

mariposa Well-Known Member

Uh... guilty. :) Our girl gets presents for Christmas and her birthday. Usually a new toy or two and a bag of treats. She also has a "cat sitter" video that she likes watching that was a Christmas gift. We don't dress her up in outfits or anything but we do have a Christmasy ruffled collar for holiday pictures. And my daughter puts necklaces on the cat sometimes. o_O

mariposa, Apr 23, 2013
  7. CinnamonKiss

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

We never bothered with Christmas or any other particular gifts for our cat. We found her as a stray so we do not really know when her birthday was anyway. As for Christmas and so on, we did not really see any point. If we were going to buy her things we could do so at any time of year and it would make no difference to her. She did not understand or celebrate holidays: each day was much like any other. We never tried to dress her up and I don't think she would have liked it.

GavinMcresty, Apr 30, 2013
  8. CinnamonKiss

Britt24xoxo Member

I try to get my cats presents every Christmas. It's the holiday to give, and since I see them as family, they are no different. I usually get them toys to play with or treats. Birthdays are a little different because I adopted all my cats so its kinda difficult to celebrate their actual day of birth. I do try to make educated guesses though. I have personally never dressed up my cats other than tying a bandana around my orange tabby's neck for a rodeo. He looked adorable for sure. Other than that, I have never dressed any of my cats. I don't think they would enjoy it too much.

Britt24xoxo, May 5, 2013
  9. CinnamonKiss

KELSEY GAUBERT New Member

This is my kitty first Chirstmas so I went all out she is getting 10 Chirstmas presents and this is what she is getting

-A Pink fowler collar found at target
    -A Letter O collar silder found at micheals
    -Soft calws pink nail caps found at petco
    -Meow picture frame with diamonds found at micheals
    -Booda fresh step litter box found at petco
    -Kitten pop up box found at walmart
    -Catnip mice 3 pack found at walmart
    - Wellness treats petco
    - welness wet food as a treat petco
    - Mini tennis balls found at petco
    Total cost:52 dollars which is alot because im olny 12

My bird olny got three things
    - INTUNE cockatiel food found at petco
    - A bird kabob with paper things found at petco
    - ecotretion treat stick found at petco
    Total cost: 23 dollars
    My bearded dragon got one thing
    -A small animal bed found at petco
    Total cost: 15 dollars
    on all my pets i spent 90 dollars without tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KELSEY GAUBERT, Dec 19, 2013
    Trellum likes this.
  10. CinnamonKiss

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awww!!!! It sounds like you really love your pets, Kelsey :) It's more than obvious who your favorite is tho ;) Lucky kitty! Is nice you didn't forget about the bird and the bearded dragon, hehehe! 90 dollars on pet gifts sounds like a lot ;P I hope they enjoy their gifts ;) My cat got a new collar with a small bell, lol. I got it at Walmart ;) I don't celebrate christmas, but I saw it for sale and bought it.

Trellum, Dec 25, 2013
Ask a Question