Did you spay or neuter your kitty cat?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by catlover2, Sep 19, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Do you have your cat spayed or neutered? That was one of the first things we did when our 3 babies were old enough. It is my belief that they should be at some point so they do not create unwanted cats and for two they live longer if you do this to them. And I want to get as many years with my babies as I can!

catlover2, Sep 19, 2010
  2. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Yes I have spayed my girl Sammy and neutered my male Ralph. I will also be spaying Tara as soon as she gets old enough ( she is only a few months old). I agree that they are healthier and live longer if you do this, so why wouldn't you?

catlover2, Oct 7, 2010
  3. catlover2

Animachine Member

I always get my cats "fixed" as early as possible. Both males and females get a little nasty during their spells of sexual tension. My roommate waited about a year to neuter his first cat, and the thing sprayed all over the house. Then he would race out the door and try to fight the neighborhood ally cats (always losing). He would come home beaten, battered, and smelling like urine. It has taken some time, but since he's been fixed, little Charlie has sure mellowed out. He still has some wild streaks from time to time.

Animachine, Jun 10, 2012
  4. catlover2

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, we did. We don't want any kittens popping up for no reason and felt it was best for both. The younger actually had hormone issues that turned her into a vicious, raging...well, problem, lol. After a nutso attack, we had her fixed and never looked back. She's back to being her normal, cute, cuddly kitty again.

Jessi, Jun 12, 2012
  5. catlover2

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

Yes, I have always had my cats "fixed." The two I have now were neutered when they were about six months old. I didn't want to deal with two male cats spraying around my house. I also hoped the process would make both of them a little calmer. I am not sure if that worked or not. ;)

HappyRocinante, Jun 12, 2012
  6. catlover2

Trellum Well-Known Member

I neutered Bob very shortly after I got him, because I don't want to be part of the problem (crowded shelters). I wish more and more people could neuter their cats and dogs, I'm sure we'd not be seeing such a desperate cases of cats and dogs being abandoned by their owners or dogs that are born in the street. In Europe (west one at least) you don't see stray cats or dogs, why? Because everyone there neuter their pets!

Trellum, Mar 24, 2014
  7. catlover2

SallyOscar New Member

We just had our six-month old kitten neutered. Six months is the best age for fixing a kitten. We found after the operation that our kitten was sleepy for two days. He also was seeking cool places to sit down. He was not able to use his litter box; he was actually peeing and pooping wherever he was, even if he was sleeping, so be aware! We put some litter on a paper on the ground and that helped a bit. He seemed to appreciate a bit of company and comforting during the first two days and, by the third day, he was back to his old self.

Also, it is worth mentioning that he did not eat at all the first day, and just a very little bit the second day. By the third day, he seemed to be eating normally.

SallyOscar, Mar 17, 2017
Ask a Question