Did you give your cat a middle name?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Herman&Eddie, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

We always seem to give our cats a middle name. It is not like it is planned, but comes along later. For example, Eddie is Eddie Betty. Yes, when we found out he was not a he, the female name was added. Herman is Herman Louise. Not because we found out later he was a she (we already knew this), but she reminded of us of an old family friend with a big personality that seemed to fit our Herman. Besides it has such a nice ring, don't you think?

Herman&Eddie, Aug 12, 2015
    Anne likes this.
  2. Herman&Eddie

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My older cat was already named when I got him so he already had a middle name. His name is Harley Waffles.
    Our other cat we named Merle and he doesn't have a middle name but often I will call him Merle the Squirrel..lol
    Only because it rhymes and it sounds cute.

Susan Brown, Aug 12, 2015
    Herman&Eddie and Anne like this.
  3. Herman&Eddie

Anne Well-Known Member

This is so funny:) and truth of the matter is that when we found out Twinkle was a male I should have added a second name instead of lamenting he had a girl name and was responding well to it. Twinkle Lamar, Twinkle Ron, Twinkle Bob......I am not sure, maybe Twinkle was just fine........Twinkle Star and I might as well add my sir name..Twinkle Star Wynter...

Anne, Aug 12, 2015
    Herman&Eddie and Susan Brown like this.
  4. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have never thought of giving middle names to cats, I never thought it was necessary or practical, but it does sound like a funny idea. The only bad thing about middle names is the fact they are not used much by everyone else in the household. It does sound like a cute idea though :) I might try it next time I get a new cat.

Trellum, Aug 26, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  5. Herman&Eddie

anadrotowski Member

Our family doesn't, but some of my best friends and even my boyfriend's have given their cats middle names. I really do think it's cute, and I believe it shows more as of a family member than a cuddly feline in my opinion.

anadrotowski, Aug 26, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  6. Herman&Eddie

Eaow Well-Known Member

No we don't. As a matter of fact my cat only has one name which she recognises very well. I have some friends who adapt the names of their cats though!

Eaow, Aug 29, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question