Diabetes

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Beth23, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Beth23

Beth23 Well-Known Member

My cat Kiki wasn't acting right last year so we brought him in for a check up and found out he has Diabetes. He is the Tuxedo cat in my avatar. I was shocked because he is not fat and he is so active. Since then I noticed more and more people's cats are getting diabetes as well. I have had cats all my life and up until the last 5 years never heard of cats getting it. Maybe I just didnt notice.

My vet said its because of all the fillers they are putting in the cat foods these days. Like potatoes and rice. She made me laugh because she said "when was the last time you saw a cat in the wild digging up potatoes or down at the rice patty getting something to eat" They just don't eat those things and there systems can not handle it. Yes the food may be less expensive with the fillers in it but in the long run it will cost you.

We have to give him a shot twice a day now to manage his condition. The medication and needles are far more expensive then making or buying him food without fillers. Wish I knew then what I know now.

Beth

Beth23, Aug 8, 2012
Ask a Question