Cute, Famous Internet Cat With Dwarfism, Lil' Bub

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I was reading an article about this cute cat with dwarfism who is permanently the size of a kitten and has big eyes.
    I thought the article and the accompanying photos were pretty cute so I just wanted to share.
    Do you think this midget cat is as cute as the internet hype says he is?

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/lil-bub-cat

ACSAPA, Sep 25, 2012
  2. ACSAPA

Becky Well-Known Member

Aw bless her, she is very cute! You so rarely see cats with dwarfism, I wonder how common it is?

Becky, Sep 26, 2012
  3. ACSAPA

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Very cute cat, almost looks like a feline version of a pug. That was pretty bold of that guy to get such a huge tattoo of it. I didn't read through the entire article thoroughly, but I wonder if cats with dwarfism have any health concerns due to it.

OhioTom76, Sep 27, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Awww, he's so cute. I love how he's always sticking out his tongue. I know it's part of his condition that causes it, but it's still adorable.

Jessi, Oct 27, 2012
  5. ACSAPA

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, so cute! I love munchkin kitties because they have tiny little legs and all, but I got sad when I heard that people are breeding them with these problems just because they are so cute. Love dwarfism kitties!

steph84, Oct 27, 2012
  6. ACSAPA

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

That's one adorable kitty! I don't think I'd agree with people intentionally breeding cats like this though, especially since there are issues that go along with it such as those that this cat's owner mentioned in the article - she has trouble running and jumping up on things because of her shortened legs. I'd imagine that, like human dwarfs, there would also be other health concerns later in life associated with this condition. But so long as she's happy and healthy, and she certainly seems to be, good for her and her owner!

msmonkeyfeet, Nov 5, 2012
  7. ACSAPA

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Very cute cat indeed. I read in the linked article that Bub has no teeth, so I suppose she cannot eat solid food. Does that mean that she lives permanently on liquid food like milk?

Victor Leigh, Nov 6, 2012
  8. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

Nope!

Jessi, Nov 7, 2012
  9. ACSAPA

Hmm, looks like Bub is chewing with his gums. Makes me think of myself without my false teeth. Not exactly the best of arrangements but still better than a 100% liquid diet.

Victor Leigh, Nov 8, 2012
  10. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yeah. I don't know about other people's cats, but mine don't really chew their dry food much anyway. They crunch a little bit and then swallow, so it's still rather large pieces that they're ingesting. Bub is likely swallowing them mostly whole, too. I can't imagine how messy he would be with wet food instead. He'd probably get it all over his face.

Jessi, Nov 8, 2012
  11. ACSAPA

You mean Bub might look like this?
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Nov 10, 2012
Ask a Question