Crazy Jumping

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by CinnamonKiss, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

We all know that cats have a penchant for jumping onto places that they sometimes shouldn't be, for various reasons. What's the craziest place your cat has tried to jump? Did they stick the landing or knock something over?

Last night Dusty jumped on top of my luggage trunk, and managed to balance on it shakily. It was sitting up on its wheels, completely empty. This morning he (large) tried to jump on top of the shredder (small) but knocked it over completely. The weather has had him acting crazy, so now he's jumping on weird places instead of his usual - the mantle, the table, the counter-tops. Sassy sometimes climbs up on my clothes and then my chest-of-drawers, where she gets stuck because she's more of a climber than a jumper and can't climb down nor jump.
    I don't know if this is necessarily bad behavior, but it sure is something!

CinnamonKiss, Mar 25, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

CatFour Active Member

This happened a long time ago, but when I would get home from work I would notice that things had fallen off the top of the fridge. I didn't really think anything about it until one day I was home and I heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen. I ran in there and one of the cats was on top of the fridge. He had knocked something off, that was the noise. I immediately yelled his name, he jumped down and he never did get up there again. He is the only cat I have that actually listens and if he gets in trouble for something, he won't do it again. As far as the other cats...now that's a different story.

CatFour, May 5, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I posted a picture of it on this forum once upon a time, but Dorian used to climb on the hood of the oven! I'd walk into the kitchen and catch him just standing there, chilling like he totally belonged! It was odd because it's diagonal and I feel like it'd be hard to stand on, but apparently not for hiiiiiim! Lol.

blurinoctober, May 30, 2013
Ask a Question