Crazy cat toys

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, May 26, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Um, really? o_O

Here are a couple more silly ones...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are the most ridiculous cat toys you've seen before?

Jessi, May 26, 2012
  2. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

The most ridiculous cat toys are the ones you spend a ton of money on then they never play with. It's like cat beds! You can give cats shoestrings and an empty box instead of new toys and a bed and they'd be content.
    I will share a few pictures I found though.

Kittens are obviously toys.
    [​IMG]

Obviously, My Little Ponies are not meant for cats...but who could resist this picture?
    [​IMG]

Epicfied, May 26, 2012
  3. Jessi

btatro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ... it flings the string around for the cat to chase :) Like we couldn't do so ourselves, haha

btatro, May 26, 2012
  4. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

Oh my God, I really admit people's fantasy. I've seen so many weird cat toys but I can't imagine my cats playing them. Or.. maybe for 1 minute. Everything that moves is worth paying attention for a little while. But that's all.

violino, May 27, 2012
  5. Jessi

Mystique Well-Known Member

I will stick to the simple toys. The ones published here are plain ridiculous and I bet they cost a lot too. I do think that some owners do like to go overboard when it comes to spoiling their cats. It's their money, so to each his own, I guess :D

Mystique, May 27, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ha! But hey, I guess if the cat wants to play and the owners are busy, at least this would keep them entertained? Or while they're at work? Is it battery operated and has to be turned on?

Jessi, May 28, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

What do you think a cat will do with something like this?
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, May 29, 2012
  8. Jessi

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

I've tried those swinging like cat toys, that swing when the touch it, and keep on swinger for quite some time. Thes type of toys just don't work with my cats. I wonder why they don't react to these types of toys. These toys here are cool ones to say the least.

Jenny Heart, May 30, 2012
  9. Jessi

Mystique Well-Known Member

Victor, I actually like that one. It looks like something my cats would enjoy - just lazing around and playing catch with one another.

Mystique, May 30, 2012
  10. Jessi

Ja'cobeC Member

Lmao! You wouldn't believe the toys I seen for cats. I had to buy a least one to see how silly it was. A cat can really entertain you with the stuff the do with these toys.

Ja'cobeC, May 30, 2012
  11. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I actually like the turntable cat toy, because I like dance music and used to work at a nightclub on South Beach. I'm pretty sure Dolores wouldn't use it, though. But it's really stylish and hip. I guess they figured out that if a DJ scratches records, the cat might enjoy scratching one as well.

ACSAPA, Aug 12, 2012
  12. Jessi

footballtim Well-Known Member

What is it with cats and boxes? Every time we get a delivery of anything in a box, our cats want to get in the box and stay there for at least 1/2 hour. Sometimes it causes our cats to playfully fight for their position in the box.

footballtim, Aug 17, 2012
  13. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't know. I think they just like anything new that's brought into the house. Boxes are especially fun because you can climb *in* them and not just bat them around, hehe.

Jessi, Aug 20, 2012
  14. Jessi

I was thinking about cutting up a bunch of boxes and creating tunnels out of them. My cats seem to like when daddy rigs something for them. I'm not sure how effective this will be, but I think it will be worth the time to try, since none of the pet stores here in Key West have tunnels.

footballtim, Aug 22, 2012
  15. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh they'd love it! I can't imagine why they wouldn't. Anything they can go explore is always fun, right?

Jessi, Aug 22, 2012
  16. Jessi

My young Bengal, Phoebe has destroyed several sets of ear phones that we use for our I-pods. Whenever she sees those things dangling anywhere, she immediately starts batting them around and chewing on them. Tabitha (on your left) will not destroy them, but she does play with them as much as Phoebe does. Now, do not get me wrong, Phoebe is not destructive, but these ear phones are an exception to that rule.

footballtim, Sep 7, 2012
  17. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

My cat isn't interested fancy toys, he seems to like cable ties, 'helping' me with my shoelaces, licking plastic bags, and climbing inside canvas tote bags. Other than that, he really isn't interested in toys. Unless they're free flying moths, or eight legged freaks. That's fine with me, I welcome any animal that devours spiders.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 8, 2012
Ask a Question