Clingy cat

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Trellum, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have a small problem with my cat... I think he's a little too clingy! He likes me to pet him whenever he wants and as often as he wants. Sometimes it's really annoying, because I'm busy doing something: working on the PC, gardening, cooking, etc.

He doesn't get it tho, whenever I refuse to pay any attention to him and not to pet him, he seems to get really mad and walk away. Last time he left the house, and hanged out with the neighbor's kids (so they could pet him), he vanished for days!

Why does he do that? Is he indeed a clingy cat? or is this a normal behaviour in a cat? Is there a way to fix it?

Trellum, Oct 17, 2013
  2. Trellum

steph84 Well-Known Member

My kitty does that. I find that if I get her toys or balls to play with then she will leave me alone when I am working. I pet her for a bit then I distract her with a feather toy or get a jingle bell for her to chase. A motorized mouse works too. Anything that will get her from jumping on my laptop while writing!

steph84, Oct 17, 2013
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I think I should try to get a motorized mouse, because the other toys don't seem to work with Bob! He just wants to be there with me most of the time, until he gets tired and wants to be alone :D He seems to actually be jealous of my plant pots and laptops! I'll try what you suggested tho, I will let you know how it goes :)

Trellum, Oct 20, 2013
Ask a Question